Birth of the Blue Missile

-
T,
I have a 15 year old son who will be riding in it. SOooooo the back seat would be his for 'family' outings:toothy7:
HD, remember this car is a four passenger gold duster on the title. You know with a /6:burnout:
In the mean time I completed the stitching of the front metal around the cage bars and got the dash back in place as well as giving the cage a coat of etching primer and a couple of light coats of black lacquer.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo448.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 688
  • Photo449.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 697
I got the dashpad back in place next is the package tray.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo450.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 685
  • Photo451.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 676
Back seats fit fine,center console modified.Still waiting on seat belts.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo453.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 656
  • Photo455.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 645
I call.... FRONT...SHOTUN!!!!.....

you sure this isn't a ride that goes upside down?....you know....with the cage an all

yeah...if you unbolt it and bolt me back in....but I already called it!!! (front/shotgun)

you punks ..get in back...I got the FRONT!!!

I think that might be a line from the movie..American Graffitti

you punks ..get in back...I got the FRONT!!!

I think that might be a line from the movie..American Graffitti

Denny, I think you're correct. Wasn't it the scene where "The Gang" was getting into the chopped Merk, before they hit the pinball machines at the old man's diner? Totally love that movie, "Your car's uglier than me!":shaking2:

you are correct, Moosebreath (Johnny Carson)......we resite lines from that movie (and a couple others) all the time.....

I ain't nobody, Dork......classic

I got the wiper motor relocate done today, I had to also reorder the seat belts the first set wouldn't work for my application.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo459.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 614
  • Photo458.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 605
  • Photo457.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 605
  • Photo456.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 617
Wow, you work fast ....I've seen that somewhere before...Good job as always. I like the smooth cowl...might have to copy that.

here is a pic of the system put back together, pardon my hand I had to shade to camera from the setting sun.
check my posts on the cowl thing, I had to to do it twice and it still warped somewhat on me. I even had a bucket of ice water and a sponge to cool the strip down after each weld and it still warped.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo460.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 610
Just 4 more holes to go. After all this work, you should consider filling in that blower hole and using a Vintage Air setup. Looks good Andrew.

Will, once I find an AC set up that will fit in spite of the tranny hump, Ill deal with that hole.
Andrew

The correct 3 point seat belts arrived yesterday, so here is the mock up of their installation as 4 point set-ups. I used two sets per passenger. Now you can see the reason for the center tube.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo461.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 553
  • Photo463.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 551
I thought I would get some flack about the harness. For the SSC I will have a 3" 5 point set up. In the mean time I just re-did my redneck car port.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo464.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 531
Two things Andrew, First I like the Carport I did not realize those clips on the bumper was for that, but hey we all need shade. LOL

second thing I really like how the car looks sitting so low, To get that low I think I would have to add a lowering block in the back even though I have 2 inch lowered leafs.

Looking good and nice job on the wiper relocate. using the stock motor was a nice touch as well.

I thought I would get some flack about the harness. For the SSC I will have a 3" 5 point set up. In the mean time I just re-did my redneck car port.
Andrew

I hope someone doesn't drive off with your carport. :eek:ops:

T, actually they are not for that but it occurred to me today that the springs could be used for that.Also I took the 4 link coil over route for the stance.
OTR, yeah anchoring the house down is a pain
Andrew

Andrew, Nice job on the "adjustable" shoulder height harness - don't think it'll pass tech insp thou . . . LOL I think they look great!

And Kudos on the car port idea, all you need are sides a filter bank and fan then you can convert it into a paint booth. Like Mr. Mom said "220, 221, whatever it takes . . ."

Great project!

-
Back