Bizarre dreams

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Who else has them. You know the kind I am talking about, where it may cause you to snap awake, or make you wake up laughing, crying. When you wake up and ask what the FiretUCK was that about? Having sleep & mental health troubles make them a pretty common event for me, anybody else?

Every night,my fave are the sex dreams wakeing up rock hard,well tells me its still working,come on all don't be afraid to tell.

"Vivid dreams," that's what it says on the side-effect sheet of a med I have to take. Small price to pay I guess. But I have a recurring nightmare where I have all these obstacles preventing me from getting to work, detours, mean people and animals, just plain weird.

Sometimes I have dreams where I'm flying or riding a bicycle over the treetops, those are awesome!

I have them all the time and in color to boot.Some of them can get vilant and for some reason I can never yell or call out to the offender so I snort really loud and wake my wife up.It's kind of funny actualy

I have a ton of them. One of them is a guy playing bag pipes. He is just standing on a hill side playing his heart out. Have another one where I am walking thru a crowded area with a chain saw sawing peoples heads off. Few nights ago the two finally met, the chain saw guy was hacking the hell out of the bag pipes.....

I myself have these. My nightmares are generally work related, watching a cut of cars roll away while switching in the yard is the most common one, they always roll away just fast enough that I can't climb on and apply the hand brakes. Then there's the ones that involve hitting/running over stuff, derailing, or tearing lots of stuff up at a high rate of speed. I guess that's what happens when you operate a vehicle that weighs over 3,000 tons.

I myself have these. My nightmares are generally work related, watching a cut of cars roll away while switching in the yard is the most common one, they always roll away just fast enough that I can't climb on and apply the hand brakes. Then there's the ones that involve hitting/running over stuff, derailing, or tearing lots of stuff up at a high rate of speed. I guess that's what happens when you operate a vehicle that weighs over 3,000 tons.
Do you ever wake up as you are running across the room in pursuit?

I have several recurring dreams that are fairly bizarre. I know what the scientists say but I don't think I've ever dreamed in black and white.
I've dreamed of shooting people and it doesn't hurt them. I've woke up screaming it a pool of sweat, punching walls and furniture. I've dreamed several times I hit the lottery and bought a haunted hunting lodge in Montana. Don't let it worry you unless it starts messing with reality.

About the only recurring dream I have deals with being one of only a few survivors of a Navy ship (usually an aircraft carrier) that sunk, usually close to shore in shallow water. In the dream I don't want to go back to see where it sunk. For some reason it scares the crap out of me.

I know it was a battleship and not a carrier, but it usually brings to mind the Arizona. I didn't start having these dreams until after I went to the Arizona memorial. I think I dream about it being a carrier because I was on one when I was in the Navy.

I woke up punching my wife the other night. I was dreaming I was back in a place I don't ever want to return to. I was making sure I was the one getting out alive again. PTSD is a mother.

I don't dream so much anymore. Years ago I was struck by a strange depression. "They" think I may have suffered a small brain embolism. After a serious crash they had me on what turned out to be some very agressive sleeping pills, and it turns out the pills were causing not only horrid nigtmares, but concious hallucinations as well.

One night I was standing on my porch looking up at the stars, got dizzy, fell off, and twisted the hell out of my ankle

I was constantly having dreams of falling down the face of Hoover dam, of flying over water, etc. After I finally found out how bad those were, I simply quit taking them.

THANK YOU non communicative, uncoordinated, "team" of doctors!!!!!

It's interesting that this topic came up seeing as how I just got done talking witht he professor of one of my dream classes. As far as the actual content of your dreams you have mention I know nothing about that but the "non-violent" violent dreams are extreamly common. You may be trying to punch someone and everytime your fist gets close to their face it slows down significantly which causes them no harm. Shooting the people and having them shake it off like nothing happened if also very common. Screaming in your dream usually doesnt work in most cases. I have had countless dreams where I want to yell at someone and nothing happens. One thing I have had pounded in my head by all these professors and books is not to take dreams literally at all. This meaning that if you have a dream and someone dies or something goes bad in an event that you had planned you should not cancel your plans or worry that the person is actually going to die. Also if any of you people out there are lucid dreamers (have full control over the dream) then things get real fun. If you ever realize your dreaming but don't wake up but instead decide to "explore" your dream always head down. Look for stairs going down or houses with basements because I have been told this is where your true inner-concious is. I myself have had alot of dreams where I am running into a house and as soon as I get into the house I have full control over what I am doing in the dream so I head to the basement and most of the time I will wake up suddenly or It will be something from my past that I have nearly forgotten about but had a huge impact on my life. Also keep a dream journal if you are really interested by your dreams. It will blow your mind when you go back after a month or two and look at some of your dreams. BTW I really do not know alot about this subject becuase I am a criminal justice major but I always get into dream classes whenever they become available because its so weird.

I have a ton of them. One of them is a guy playing bag pipes. He is just standing on a hill side playing his heart out. Have another one where I am walking thru a crowded area with a chain saw sawing peoples heads off. Few nights ago the two finally met, the chain saw guy was hacking the hell out of the bag pipes.....

I don't dream so much anymore. Years ago I was struck by a strange depression. "They" think I may have suffered a small brain embolism. After a serious crash they had me on what turned out to be some very agressive sleeping pills, and it turns out the pills were causing not only horrid nigtmares, but concious hallucinations as well.

One night I was standing on my porch looking up at the stars, got dizzy, fell off, and twisted the hell out of my ankle

I was constantly having dreams of falling down the face of Hoover dam, of flying over water, etc. After I finally found out how bad those were, I simply quit taking them.

THANK YOU non communicative, uncoordinated, "team" of doctors!!!!!

When I had those type of recurring dreams my doctor did a med check and changed some of them. That ended my really weird destructive dreams.

When I had those type of recurring dreams my doctor did a med check and changed some of them. That ended my really weird destructive dreams.
Had them before I started taking any meds. Spoke to my head doc about it a while back and he said in my case very well could be caused by the fact that my brain is pretty much stuck at full throttle and I never reach a deep sleep, or hardly ever. When I get done with my therapy on my shoulder I am planning on dumping my meds for a couple of weeks. I normally try to stop taking all of them once or twice a year but have not been able to yet this year thanks to a couple of surgeries and therapy afterwards. A few of the sleep meds that I have tried really amped up the dreams to the hallucination stage, where I was looking out of a window and starting seeing things, went outside with a flash light & a fire arm. One of them went as far as triggering a nightly panic attack while in bed. Some of the meds are down right evil....

Had them before I started taking any meds. Spoke to my head doc about it a while back and he said in my case very well could be caused by the fact that my brain is pretty much stuck at full throttle and I never reach a deep sleep, or hardly ever. When I get done with my therapy on my shoulder I am planning on dumping my meds for a couple of weeks. I normally try to stop taking all of them once or twice a year but have not been able to yet this year thanks to a couple of surgeries and therapy afterwards. A few of the sleep meds that I have tried really amped up the dreams to the hallucination stage, where I was looking out of a window and starting seeing things, went outside with a flash light & a fire arm. One of them went as far as triggering a nightly panic attack while in bed. Some of the meds are down right evil....

That would be hard to live with. I am one that seldom reaches a deep sleep and my mind works all night. The good thing is sometimes when I wake up I have the solution to what I was thinking about before I went to sleep. I have also bought real estate that was not for sale just because I saw it in a dream and went and asked about it. I fully believe dreams can be God directing your life.

...................professor.....................

I really hate to get into overanalizing dreams. Obviously some of my bad ones were from a chemical --sleeping and other pills

But food is a HUGE factor. Making the mistake of having that piece of fudge, cake or ice cream too close to bedtime is all it takes for me.

Sometimes on late weekend winter nights I've made the mistake of having coffee or tea late. BAD mistake. Instant nightmares.

Like Doug (Ink) I've been told I don't know how to shut my brain down.

And I'll tell ya.....now that I've lost Marti - cat, things are not so swell, either. Not only do I feel for her, but I think about my other two, gone for awhile now.

"Marti" who I just had to put down

4120397091_0daa17239a_z.jpg

"Little Bug" gone for some time now

2270211567_09ef256753_z.jpg

Ever had a dream of someone you dont even know, and then two months later you end up meeting them. Your friends are asking you why your sweating and nervous looking???? I was sweating inside class, for what reason?? I dont even know. Only that for some reason i was scared and thought i was still dreaming, and actually asked what day it was, and where i was at.. I felt very stupid later.. I think it was because of seeing the "unknown" person from my dream maybe... Scary stuff im hearing. As long as no one has a meth addicts problems like " do you see that camera in the tree!!?? I told you she snitched me out!!"

Alot of poeple say that...In my class we all sort of talk about our dreams and there is alot of I saw my dead grandma or grandpa sorta thing. I really do not know much about stuff like that but it seems to me that there was prob something else in the dream that happened and they just cant remeber it. If there is something in your dream that you are really not ready to think about then you will start to have other random dreams that try to make you forget about the one you had that involved what ever was traumatic. Plus after a recent lose of something or someone you love you often dream about it alot just because your trying so hard not to think about it when your awake because you dont want to face that pain again so it will come up in your dreams.

I honestly do not know alot about this stuff at all. I have just been reading some books on it for class and thought i would try and contribute. If i helped cool if not to bad

One of them is a guy playing bag pipes. He is just standing on a hill side playing his heart out. Have another one where I am walking thru a crowded area with a chain saw sawing peoples heads off. Few nights ago the two finally met, the chain saw guy was hacking the hell out of the bag pipes.....

INK..., do you mind if I share your dream with my GF. She studied this in U.

She's quite good on analizing them. I could send you a PM. Just thought I'd ask you before. let me know, Mike

I honestly do not know alot about this stuff at all. I have just been reading some books on it for class and thought i would try and contribute. If i helped cool if not to bad
Please do continue...

-
Back