Black engine bay's?

-
OK...... here is a before and after. Black......... body color

Attachments

• Motor 003.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 179
  • FABO CUDA 1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 187
the Barracuda that I just got has the engine compartment painted black and it looks stupid.
IMG_0338-1.jpg
LOL!! Couldn't stop laughing!

I sure hope no one ask about seeing the Body color behind the grill.

I'm glad you mentioned this. Black through the grill is the only way. Now don't shoot me...............I needed to paint under the hood when I put the engine back in. Gee, If I painted the car black, what would it look like under the hood?
No matter what color I decide to paint the car it will be body color under the hood. Period! Boy do I catch S**t from the Mopar guys at cruises. tmm

Attachments

• engine 296.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 176
there was a nice butterscotch 340 duster at the last mopar show i went to,the engine bay was flat black and (listen to this ) he said it was factory because his blacked out hood!lol had to walk away....

nothing else stupid about that car!

Ditto, the video is awesome too.

Seriously, I am amazed at the number of responses on this thread, we Mopar guys are different, aren't we? We truly are a different breed. Anyway, I agree with body color under the hood. I think, especially with the lighter and/or brighter colors, it highlights the details on the engine itself better. Makes everything stand out. If that (and originality) is not important to you, then do your own thing. I never had a black engine bay except on brand X cars, oops, my Durango has a black engine bay. :)

My engine bay is black my hood is black and the stripes are black. I am white and paid for it all so it is my opinion that counts on my car. I won't sell it trade it or give it away til i die and the grand daughter thinks it is badd ***. Do with it as it makes you happy , life is too short to worry about what others think about color. Argue on.

-
Back