Black Friday deals .

-
@j par, IIRC you are running these SM loaded heads on your Duster with a solid cam? They only show for a hydraulic cam in their ad. Inquiring minds want to know...
Hydraulic or solid has more to do with the weight of the lifter which would probably be just about the same. A roller lifter is going to be more heavy and require a heavier spring to keep it from bouncing...

naw... an angel. it's a deal.. do it.. do it :D
I want to grab a set just because as well I mean how many years more are they going to continue to sell them this cheap with prices of everything going up and supply chains blah blah blah...
I really do got to hand it to speedmaster for keeping these affordable in this current economy...
Every year I think that they won't continue to do this and yet they do...

Hydraulic or solid has more to do with the weight of the lifter which would probably be just about the same. A roller lifter is going to be more heavy and require a heavier spring to keep it from bouncing...
This time around I bought the roller heads... as I am going roller on most my small block stuff going forward

I want to grab a set just because as well I mean how many years more are they going to continue to sell them this cheap with prices of everything going up and supply chains blah blah blah...
I really do got to hand it to speedmaster for keeping these affordable in this current economy...
Cheaper this time around than what I paid ... what... 2 years ago ? I was going to grab another 130 dollar intake but they are now like 180 with the 40% off. I still have intakes so no problem, I passed.

This time around I bought the roller heads... as I am going roller on most my small block stuff going forward
It would be interesting to see what the difference in spring rate would be. If you ever get a measurement on that it would be cool to find out..

If I could use the BB heads on my 383, I would do it. I don’t know when I’ll have another small block car for them to go on. So tempting though.

If I could use the BB heads on my 383, I would do it. I don’t know when I’ll have another small block car for them to go on. So tempting though.
Don't get too caught up! The 440 source heads are $600 each every day of the week.. and you don't need special rockers for them either...
Likely a lot better customer support as well because speedmaster is just about non-existent...

Also anybody buying small block speedmaster heads or intakes leave those intake manifold gaskets with speedmaster they are 100% garbage...

It would be interesting to see what the difference in spring rate would be. If you ever get a measurement on that it would be cool to find out..
I would have to look, but didn't they list the seat pressure and over the nose pressure? I think the ones I bought have 135 on the seat and 325 over the nose (i think that may be at .600 lift).

I would have to look, but didn't they list the seat pressure and over the nose pressure? I think the ones I bought have 135 on the seat and 325 over the nose (i think that may be at .600 lift).
I'm not a big truster of what they say on their write-ups... Remember they had the intake valve wrong for years and I think they may have just corrected that...

I'm not a big truster of what they say on their write-ups... Remember they had the intake valve wrong for years and I think they may have just corrected that...
I will testify to this :
"To anyone considering these heads, the Speedmaster heads I did my complete disassemble-home-inspection on were a true bolt on. Not only that, casting work was great! The EQ heads I just recently bought would have destroyed my engine. +1 for Speedmaster."

Don't get too caught up! The 440 source heads are $600 each every day of the week.. and you don't need special rockers for them either...
Likely a lot better customer support as well because speedmaster is just about non-existent...
Thanks man, I’m glad you small block guys get this opportunity. Almost too good to be true type of deal.

Just make sure you check to make sure you get the right big block heads. Pretty sure all they sell now are the Victor copy’s
This is correct. I bought a pair two years ago during the sale to see what they really are. They are Victor copies, but they are copies of the early Victor head and do not have all changes made to the current Victor head. Have not used them yet.

I have a set in my cart (crazy they aren’t sold out yet) but don’t know if I really need a set. I have a set right now on my 340 in the dart and no aluminum heads for my spare block… I do have my stock X heads that Tony and I went through, but don’t want to put those on a stroker when I ever build it.

Tough decisions… maybe I should just buy a bare set…

I’ve googled and looked on summit, Jegs and scat and didn’t see a deal.

Looking for a scat 408 rotating assembly

This is what I wish I could find, except a 416 is what I need.

All the scat kits on those sites are back ordered until February

Damn FedEx just dropped off two sets of Ferrea valves and my Speedmaster heads aren’t here yet.

Only necessary if you wanna go fast at the strip.
If you just wanna burn tires till next tuesday........
It’s a 383 in an A body, I think with the 3.73’s it’s gonna be a roller skate either way. But I wouldn’t mind 600+ hp!

This is what I wish I could find, except a 416 is what I need.

All the scat kits on those sites are back ordered until February
When I bought my scat kit last year they were a month or two behind and when I called them they did have the materials to build them just not the timer people to make them. I was just happy to find out they had the material so when they get the time they'll make them they're not going to be out of stock forever if you order..

I will testify to this :
"To anyone considering these heads, the Speedmaster heads I did my complete disassemble-home-inspection on were a true bolt on. Not only that, casting work was great! The EQ heads I just recently bought would have destroyed my engine. +1 for Speedmaster."
318willrun- The Speedsters you did the inspection on were which part #. What cc combustion chamber?

I did get something for the Swinger, Classic Instruments Velocity Series marked way down because they were returned. Hopefully they look as good as they do in the pics, amazing deal for US made gauges. This is my Christmas gift from the wife and kids, I make it so easy on them.

FBFA0CAF-2B46-499C-8A57-CE5A262BBE03.png

-
Back