Black Friday deals .

-
Well did anyone else add anything today besides me. Lol. I changed my mind at least six times today and then things fell in place to buy one more set of bare small block Speedmaster heads. I’m going to be a busy busy man.

Tried again on the nine inch center. Got the bank problem straightened out. I went to their website, but they wanted an email address (I have no idea which one I used last time, and i HATE giving it out anyway) and a password (that is NOT HAPPENING, partially cause I can't remember it).
No answer on the phone, so..... no nine for John (me).

..... shipment is out of Cali, now in NM :)
Like I said if I had the extra $ Ida grabbed a set of heads to though on the shelf....
As it is I'm going to try and sell a bunch of stuff to get the slowest 512 stroker on the internet project off the ground.... :rolleyes: :D.,

Should I buy the damn Big Block heads and offset rockers? I feel like I should. What would I need to use the 265cc version on my 383? Is it even doable? Under $1100 for the heads and rockers…

With 6 minutes to spare. Bare big block heads, offset 1.5 rockers, stud kit, valley pan, and a driveshaft loop. Don’t tell my wife, and thank god for PayPal credit. Y’all are the worst!!!

We are a sad bunch aren’t we. I’ll be eating Ramon noodles until I sell some more stuff. Sold a big block roller cam and B1 valve covers last night and a guy is possibly buying an 1150 Holley on Saturday. May even have a set of B1 headers sold hopefully. Ohhh and a guy may pick up two 1.76 powerglide gearsets this week too.

Well did anyone else add anything today besides me. Lol. I changed my mind at least six times today and then things fell in place to buy one more set of bare small block Speedmaster heads. I’m going to be a busy busy man.
I resisted the urge and did not buy anything this year. Saving up to work on the crap I already have. But now I feel like I missed out.

Should I buy the damn Big Block heads and offset rockers? I feel like I should. What would I need to use the 265cc version on my 383? Is it even doable? Under $1100 for the heads and rockers…
Does anybody know for sure what valve sizes fit into a 383 bore? I know mine had 2.14/1.81 valves in a .030 over 383, so 4.28 bore. These Speedmaster heads list a 2.2 intake valve. Maybe a little bore notch will be required.
This would be an excellent candidate for a longer stroke crankshaft, if the budget allowed.

We are a sad bunch aren’t we. I’ll be eating Ramon noodles until I sell some more stuff. Sold a big block roller cam and B1 valve covers last night and a guy is possibly buying an 1150 Holley on Saturday. May even have a set of B1 headers sold hopefully. Ohhh and a guy may pick up two 1.76 powerglide gearsets this week too.
I didn’t want to be the only one without aluminum heads!

Damn these speed part suppliers are pathetic. Another debit out of my account only to be told a couple days later that they didn’t have the Ferrea valves they said they had in stock. Second place that did this and get this they are Chevy sized valves.

Damn these speed part suppliers are pathetic. Another debit out of my account only to be told a couple days later that they didn’t have the Ferrea valves they said they had in stock. Second place that did this and get this they are Chevy sized valves.
That is ridiculous. So many dishonest people in the world and it takes the fun out of hobbies. Summit Racing and Jegs are about the only places I trust for their inventory. Amazon is good IF items are actually shipped and sold by Amazon but I don't use them often. I miss the days of having several local speed shops to visit in person, and I worry whenever I have to order from a place I never used before.

Maybe it's time to get out the blue Duster, if you have everything you need for it.

That is ridiculous. So many dishonest people in the world and it takes the fun out of hobbies. Summit Racing and Jegs are about the only places I trust for their inventory. Amazon is good IF items are actually shipped and sold by Amazon but I don't use them often. I miss the days of having several local speed shops to visit in person, and I worry whenever I have to order from a place I never used before.

Maybe it's time to get out the blue Duster, if you have everything you need for it.

Better watch Jegs too. They ran an ATI powerglide case on my card for a case that wasn’t made for 14 months.

Well I got a heads up on a must sign FedEx delivery tomorrow. I’m betting my 1.80 powerglide and I’m betting one other goodie. My new porting light showed up yesterday a day early and I used it on two jobs already. Works great so a good 30.00 investment.

Ordered on the 25th and received my speedmaster parts today. $213 dollars got me the double barrel shotgun, head bolts, and a push rod length checker. The shotgun is actually heavy duty I’m impressed by it. I thought it was going to be cheesy.

26E4797C-CB8E-424D-BCA0-A6606D71D8B0.jpeg

F1919FFA-ADDE-4BD3-8533-40002AFF4C5E.jpeg

A42D9BAE-8B3E-4AAD-ABC4-0D438D79C453.jpeg

Last edited:
My Black Friday order arrived today. Pretty quick from California to SE Florida IMO.
CNC heads, rockers and head studs.

FA200CEC-1635-41A8-BAF3-261C14AFA2D6.jpeg

Got my shipment today. I verified the correct heads. I haven't disassembled and inspected, but I do have this to share:
  • Date on heads are 2022, so they are really new castings
  • Castings and core shift look absolutely amazing !!!!
  • Outward appearance looks super clean
As most of you know me, they'll have to go through my home inspection process before getting a final A+, but the first glance is an A+

DSCN5670[1].JPG

318WR if you got the 190cc CNC, check to see if they got better with the guides being installed leaving fragments of aluminum as they protrude in the bowl. That’s all I found with mine but I just gave a glance.

318WR if you got the 190cc CNC, check to see if they got better with the guides being installed leaving fragments of aluminum as they protrude in the bowl. That’s all I found with mine but I just gave a glance.
i did not get the CNC ported heads, just the normal SB heads set up for roller cam

-
Back