black interior paint question

-

2kids

Reaction score
I started a color change on my interior last summer - going to black. I'm noticing that although it looks good it seems to show smudges really easily. Is this because I used a rattle can to paint? I realize black will show more stuff in general, but I'm just wondering if there's a special type of paint you'd use for the interior doors?

Guessing I already know the answer....but would like to hear what others have to say.

Thanks!

You're right, you already know the answer.
You could always pick up some cotton gloves to wear.
Black paint looks great, but it does have it's issues. I've owned two black cars in the past - a '70 triple-black
Charger and a '83 15th Anniversary Hurst Olds. Seems like it was just enough time between them that the constant upkeep memory faded a bit. As much work as they were, I wish I still had both of them.

A medium gloss works better. High gloss is too glossy.
Dry spray will tone it down.

Rattle can paint just isn't all that good. I used Dupont's (Single Stage) Hot Hues Hot Rod Black, it's a satin black and I think looks great.

No it isn't a Moapr but you get the idea. I'll be doing the same with my Duster when I get to it :thumblef:

DSC03850.jpg

DSC03851.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys! Looks like I'll be re-doing my doors once it warms up. I think I'll just have to tone down the gloss cause the smudging factor is just too ridiculous. I like that satin look - hell I think I'd take flat black over what I have now!

I sprayed my interior in my swinger and have started my dads duster with the rustloeum viynle and plastic paint

Attachments

• IMG_0595 (Copy).JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 189
  • dads duster 001 (Copy).JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 212
  • dads duster 010 (Copy).JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 210
  • dads duster 012 (Copy).JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 188
-
Back