black widow mufflers

-
Actually they’re a straight through design.

Mine doesn’t. But you’re the expert.:poke:

Agreed. I’m giving you first hand experience.
I am getting a complete exhaust system on may 5 including hooker comp headers,x pipe,jegs2 1/2 pipes,black widows,stainless steele tips,replacing my 22yr old system.

A few years ago I was at a good guys event and the black widow exhaust sponsored s10 was there running auto cross. Not sure what engine (probably an LS) but it sure did scream and had a really nice sound.
3C32FC34-6A97-4EE8-B72E-10A5F7A095C2.png

Actually they’re a straight through design.

Mine doesn’t. But you’re the expert.:poke:

Agreed. I’m giving you first hand experience.
Hay pumpkin, I never said I was an expert. If you comprehend what I said, and apparently you didn't, all my point was, was not to get caught up in a flashy name, because a lot of them are only there to get your attention to buy crap. In other words, I was trying to help with advice.

I've searched to no avail trying to find a cutaway of one of these with no luck. THey might be good, I hope they are. But just because something has a catchy name is not reason enough for me to open my wallet. S'all I'm sayin....and you missed it.

I am getting a complete exhaust system on may 5 including hooker comp headers,x pipe,jegs2 1/2 pipes,black widows,stainless steele tips,replacing my 22yr old system.
Cool. Keep us posted.

Hay pumpkin, I never said I was an expert. If you comprehend what I said, and apparently you didn't, all my point was, was not to get caught up in a flashy name, because a lot of them are only there to get your attention to buy crap. In other words, I was trying to help with advice.

I've searched to no avail trying to find a cutaway of one of these with no luck. THey might be good, I hope they are. But just because something has a catchy name is not reason enough for me to open my wallet. S'all I'm sayin....and you missed it.
He’s a little advice. If you don’t have first hand experience don’t regurgitate **** from Google. You come off looking very bad. Something that seems to be the norm with you.

He’s a little advice. If you don’t have first hand experience don’t regurgitate **** from Google. You come off looking very bad. Something that seems to be the norm with you.
Never looked on google. I never said anything about how they work, sound or anything else. I just warned him not to buy based on a snappy name. I still haven't found a cutaway. I'd like to see one. You seem to always have a chip on your shoulder. Something that seems to be the norm for you.

I did not buy them based on a snappy name.I heard them in my buddys car and loved them,you warned me without knowing anything about them. this is the reason I left moparts 21yrs ago,

LMAO! PTSD still? Dang dude, sit back and pop a cold one of whatever and relax.

I did not buy them based on a snappy name.I heard them in my buddys car and loved them,you warned me without knowing anything about them. this is the reason I left moparts 21yrs ago,
I remember you there at moparts. You gotta have a thick skin almost every place on the web.
I have always built what I want the way i want. Life is to short to please everyone else. Do what makes your self happy 1st. If it pleases others it a bonus.
After installed give an update please

Yeah really relax man. Yall are takin this all the wrong way. No, I was merely making SURE you didn't make a snap decision based on the name. It's marketing man. They'll do anything to get your money.

Also keep in mind you LEFT OUT the part about hearing them in person, remember?

Also keep in mind you LEFT OUT the part about hearing them in person, remember?[/QUOTE]

post 16 RRR

They sound purdy wicked on Farm Truck. lol

They sound purdy wicked on Farm Truck. lol

Farmtruck makes over 1,000hp just on the engine alone. ANything wll sound badass on that thing.

They sound like flowmasters to me. Whatever baffles they use are metal. THey make the idle sound tough, like a flowmaster, then on the throttle that all changes.

Drone, most exhausts drone (whether it be bothersome level or not) at some given RPM.

Whatever floats you boat is what you should run. I ran flowmasters and swapped to Borla XR-1 mufflers, 3" right to the bumper.

All in all what does everybody think of the sound based on the videos.
Opinions on sound is subjective. I like 3” Dynomax Ultraflo’s or open headers with extensions! One thing I think makes any muffler(s) sound crappy is small diameter pipes, especially tailpipes. I see and hear so many nice cars/trucks around but can only frown when they Rev the engine and all you hear is that raspy “brappy” noise coming from dinky tailpipes. Gotta be 2-1/2” minimum all the way or 3” if you can make it work.

Opinions on sound is subjective. I like 3” Dynomax Ultraflo’s or open headers with extensions! One thing I think makes any muffler(s) sound crappy is small diameter pipes, especially tailpipes. I see and hear so many nice cars/trucks around but can only frown when they Rev the engine and all you hear is that raspy “brappy” noise coming from dinky tailpipes. Gotta be 2-1/2” minimum all the way or 3” if you can make it work.

100% and the smaller pipes will be louder in general.

Not much to them really. I know they also sell a version with a hole drilled in either side of both 'V's. I have not heard them in person but a friend has put them on his SEMA 442 project car, and he describes them as 'extremely loud'.
black widow.jpg

Not much to them really. I know they also sell a version with a hole drilled in either side of both 'V's. I have not heard them in person but a friend has put them on his SEMA 442 project car, and he describes them as 'extremely loud'.
View attachment 1715907714
I put a set on my Cuda, sounded great at idle, way too loud for my liking driving at speed. Only had turn downs, may have been better with full exhaust. Changed over to turbos. I did call them too see if they had posters for sale of the tshirt model. No luck, but they sent me a black widow banner.

096DDDD0-972D-4627-9A38-1FB2FF0AF1D4.jpeg

Last edited:

This shows another version very similar to the Black Widow. This is one from Cherry Bomb and it was released in the early to mid 2000s I think. Still have literature on it and it was a bit loud when we tested it. It is the one on the left in the video.
Tom

-
Back