Blacked-out grille?

-
Im kinda partial to the mean and nasty look but thats just crazy old me.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo489.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 303
I am going with a black grill, i need something to break up the orange and complement the other pieces. the plymouth sign will still be chrome. This is just a photo shopped picture but is a really good estimate of whats to come...

73DusterComplete-v1.jpg
I think that will look great. Like others said, the brighter color helps offset the black grille -and in this case, the black hood complements the black grille, too.

I still love the way the Stock non Shark tooth grill looks on 72 Duster....
My opinion only, to each it owns.....

Attachments

• _1287261431.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 278
  • _6049760996.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 282
Wow this is an old thread, my tastes have changed quite a bit over the past four years owning my Duster lol. I have grown to like the look of the stock-type '70-72 grille, but ultimately my Duster will get a shark-tooth grille with the middle "teeth" part silver and the surrounding parts a dark gray. I'm kind of surprised no one has done this yet, I think it would put the most meaning to the term "shark-tooth".

BTW blue missile what did you do to get that cool blue color from your lights?

First I eliminated the MoPar turn signals and then built bi-color led signals between the horizontal grill ribs.
There is a setting on the console to turn all lighting on the car blue, other than that its all DOT legal.
Andrew

Attachments

• turn signal 2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 275
  • Turn Signal amber.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 267
  • Turn Signal Blue.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 270
More than one way to skin a cat.

I think blacking out an entire grille looks like crap but detailing with black can make a huge change and still look great.

Here is my wife's 73 before and after.

100_2020.jpg

100_2113.jpg

-
Back