blower mtr wire

-
Hey Del, yep some schematics show the "key" and some dont...Im learning to not trust all the schematics and take a close look thats fer sure!! Im going to post some pics in a few minutes, but before I do, a question..

Not that we want to hook it up, but where does the ac compressor hook up to?? If im connecting the dark green from the bulkhead to the dark green on the mtr blower, then where does the wire on the compressor go to?? The dark blue one that is clipped and coming outta the bulkhead in spot "G"??

In the bottom schematic, it doesnt show there the dark blue wire from "G" goes to. Thanks again, I will post pics in a few

Yup. 'xactly Compressor should be two positions below the blower motor wire at "G" C2-18DBL (dark blue)

Ok, well a few things I have learned doing this...it aint done but I think the hard work is. The ac box and heater core box went in seperately...pulled the ac box out and put the green and black wires into the eng bay..correctly!! Then reinstall the ac box and leave it a little loose. Try to install the heater box...boy oh boy why is it everything I attempt is a frickin struggle?? Tried for about an hour in 90* heat...just didnt seem to wanna go as the heater box was hitting on the bottom of the ac box..This is even after taking the kickpanel off to give us more room. We unhooked the vacuum pods on both ac box and heater box and just let them hang as they were in the way. Removed the light under the dash just below the glove box...thank God the glove box liner was already out as well!! We finally got tired of trying to manouver it in throughout all the vacuum hoses, cables and whatever else was in the frickin way and we tied everything back to the shifter with the green bailer twine!! LOL

Although we arent done yet, my advice on this task would be
1)remove kick panel
2)undo vacuum pods from brackets and let hang down
3) glove box liner out
4) remove seats
5) lotsa beer and left-handed cigarettes

Attachments

• DSCF7451 (Medium).jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCF7452 (Medium).jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCF7454 (Medium).jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCF7456 (Medium).jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF7459 (Medium).jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF7460 (Medium).jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCF7462 (Medium).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 173
Yup. 'xactly Compressor should be two positions below the blower motor wire at "G" C2-18DBL (dark blue)

Coolio!! Thanks again! Didnt make it to dads this weekend, but will be going there on Monday for sure. Big car show this weekend in Lindsay/Classics on Kent and dad would like to take the car to it.

Thanks
Steve

-
Back