Blown Brake Line,...No Surprise For Rust Belt Folks...

-

jaimus

Old School ASE Gold
Reaction score
So I bought a GMC Sierra,..."05", Nice Truck, 4WD, Long Bed, 6.0 5 speed,..

.View attachment sept oct 2013 027.jpg

So then the Ram got really pissed and promptly blew a brake line,...

I figure I'll just crawl underneath, swap in a line, bleed some fluid thru and I'll be good to go,...er,...Stop I mean,...

The first thing I saw was the line had blown betwixt the fuel tank and the frame,...." Heavy Sigh"....

After consulting with the "Hadlyme Hillbillies/ Red Neck Truck Squad" the decicion was made,..."Off with It's Bed",...PB and WD40 mist filled the air,...Surprisingly no bolts broke,...

View attachment sept oct 2013 018.jpg

Well for those who live in the "Rust Belt",.I prolly don't have to splain how the rest of the story goes,....but here goes,...The Rear brake line turned into the left rear line which turned into the left rear wheel cylinder which turned into the rear shoes...

View attachment sept oct 2013 031.jpg

... which turned into a diff inspection which turned into a back half frame clean-up which turned into rear shocks,

View attachment sept oct 2013 022.jpg...

blah,blah, woof, woof,.....

View attachment sept oct 2013 036.jpg

So far I'm in for a about 300 bucks, but I figure I'll get a couple more winters out of It, so, Its prolly worth It...

View attachment sept oct 2013 035.jpg

I feel for you but I am glad I don't live in that area anymore. Better to find all of that now then to leave you stock somewhere. I am surprised the frame isn't worse then it is. It looks pretty good. Eddie

Geezuz. Up in this country, I've seen Nineteen FORTY somethin' rigs that didn't look that bad underneath

You shouldn't have bought that GM and caused the Mopar a nervous brake down....

BWAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAA,..LOL,...Must have been quite a "SHOCK" to the Ram,...

The GMC is so Pam and I both have 4WD's for the winter,...The Pontiac had no more heat, and she said the trani was acting wierd, so It was time to let It go,...

Geezuz. Up in this country, I've seen Nineteen FORTY somethin' rigs that didn't look that bad underneath

That's nothin,...You should have seen It before I wire brushed It and tack hammered the scale offa It,...

I was gonna write the truck off, but one of my bro's talked me out of It,...

Nice truck. Looks like a virgin compared to my 97 tool y underneath. Iowa uses salt brine (liquid salt) and it just eats everywhere. My truck was a Texas truck 5 years ago. It is about ready for replacement. New $100,000 Good used $30,000+

TMM

Looks like a couple of decades still left in that truck, rather than just a few more winters. Corrosion sucks. SoCal guys don't know how nice they have it. You still see 70's Japanese mini-trucks driving around down there without a spot of rust, whereas most soon rusted away to nothing in the East.

Supposed to be in the low thirties today,...The truck frame is done, so now I can do the bottom side of the bed,....

-
Back