body ?

-

shanson30

Reaction score
are the fenders from a 70 signet the same as duster for 70-71? I havn't seen the car but i can get a front clip from a 4 dr valiant for cheap. thanks for the help.

are the fenders from a 70 signet the same as duster for 70-71? I havn't seen the car but i can get a front clip from a 4 dr valiant for cheap. thanks for the help.

shanson30

I don't know myself but, a reputable salvage yard should be able to answer your question. The good salvage yards have Mitchell Manuals. These manuals provide auto part interchangablility data.

Have fun.

sscuda

They didn't make a valiant signet in '70. The last year for it is '69. If it's a '69, the fenders will fit and look close. The main difference is the marker light on the '70 is slightly larger and it has a light in it, '69 are reflectors only, and of course, the emblem holes on the fenders are different. The grille is made from aluminum not plastic, the filler panel between the bumper and grille is the same, and so is the bumper and hood. There might be slight issues with grille mounting points on the fenders and hood latch brace, but it's nothing major.
I have a 2 '69 valiant projects and have used fenders from other years on them with no major problems other than the marker light holes and the emblem holes.
Everything would physically bolt up if you used the whole front clip.
I hope this helps.
Tom.

Dartnut said it all. Signet was dropped after 69. I have used 68 Valiant fenders on a 76 Duster. Other than the marker lights only two bolts in the front behind the grille didnt line up but that was because of shock bumpers on the 76. I have put 69 Valiant fenders on a 72 duster and everything lined up and the fenders were a perfect fit. Just different emblem holes and marker light issues. Good luck!
Chas.

thanks guys, I still havn't seen the car. A friend call from 200 miles away trying to sell it as a parts car for my dusters.

-
Back