Bolt on frame connectors 63-76 A-Bodies

-

Mister Twister

Reaction score
These took 1hr to install, feels like a different car!!
undertwister.JPG

I am getting ready to install the turbo, thought this would be a good idea.
PIC_1645.JPG

No cutting of the floor with this style of ties!
righttieduster.JPG

I made a few sets of these last week. We put these in a 106" wheel base 65 Valiant also, with no problems!!

looks great. I'm thinking about tying my '69 dart, too. What brand are they?

I've got the bolt-ons on my '70 duster but,we welded them in for added strength,you might want to do the same..

I was just about to ask if I should put on frame connectors , have a bolt on set on my parts 340 . Looks like you answered the question . Hope the install goes as well as yours . They fit well on the parts car , should on the good car .\
Look great on your car , is it that big an improvement ? As it is my car seems solid , nothing noticeable in the twisting flex department .
Anything to look out for when installing ?

is that an X and Y pipe then a s.i./d.o. muffler? frame connectors are a piece of cake and can be made really cheap. i still went for the us car tool for both cars.

Hey mister twister, What about that steering wheel accent cover you have listed on your webpage. What kind of shape? Any cracks or splitting on fake stitching? More closeup pics available? What color is it and is that the original color? Thanks.

I was just about to ask if I should put on frame connectors , have a bolt on set on my parts 340 . Looks like you answered the question . Hope the install goes as well as yours . They fit well on the parts car , should on the good car .\
Look great on your car , is it that big an improvement ? As it is my car seems solid , nothing noticeable in the twisting flex department .
Anything to look out for when installing ?

Thank you Jerry.The install. This style of bolt on had a small body dimple that needed to be removed on the driver side. This allowing the connector to sit flush that was it. The car ride and launch is allot better.The car would spin about 12' or so before, not any more! I will be putting these in Dodge Girl's Duster's as well. Have a good day Don.

is that an X and Y pipe then a s.i./d.o. muffler? frame connectors are a piece of cake and can be made really cheap. i still went for the us car tool for both cars.

Yes it is!!! Yes it was!!! :toothy10:

Hey mister twister, What about that steering wheel accent cover you have listed on your webpage. What kind of shape? Any cracks or splitting on fake stitching? More closeup pics available? What color is it and is that the original color? Thanks.

I will get you some close ups of the steering wheel accent cover. If I'm correct, it's in very good shape. Talk to yall soon Don.

Mister Twister, I finally got around to installing my door sills that I purchased from you. Nice high quality parts and the decals look great on them. If I can remember I'll post pictures. Thanks Jeff

Mister Twister, I finally got around to installing my door sills that I purchased from you. Nice high quality parts and the decals look great on them. If I can remember I'll post pictures. Thanks Jeff
Hello Jeff, glad your happy with them. I will be looking for the pics here,from time to time Don.

Hey guys
how are you making the car level before drilling to bolt in the frame connectors, where are you placing the jackstand, incase of working on the ground ( I dont have a lift)

thank you
George

I used a drive on lift when I installed mine, but you could do it on jack stands, just support the car using the rear end and under the control arms in the front.

I also welded in my "bolt in" connectors. I was surprised how much difference my 40 year old car rode. Less squeaks too!

Hey guys
how are you making the car level before drilling to bolt in the frame connectors, where are you placing the jackstand, incase of working on the ground ( I dont have a lift)

thank you
George
Hello George.
I would find a garage that has an alignment rack. This would
be a leveled lift. Ask them if they would let you put it up
long enough for you to mark some holes for drilling. This would
not tie up the rack long which should keep them happy.
Find out when the best time would be for you to come back and
do this again after the install.
Go home. Drill your holes, mount your ties, let it down off the
jack stands onto fairly level ground before tightening the bolts.
You're done.:cheers:
Now when you get a chance to go back to that shop and put it on
the rack, just loosen the bolts and re-tighten them on the level rack.
Hope this helps. Weld later if needed!!
Don

Thank you Jerry.The install. This style of bolt on had a small body dimple that needed to be removed on the driver side. This allowing the connector to sit flush that was it. The car ride and launch is allot better.The car would spin about 12' or so before, not any more! I will be putting these in Dodge Girl's Duster's as well. Have a good day Don.
Great , looks like the bars will go on , no more squaks and rattles ,better ride and launch , no down side .
thanks and good luck with your car !

Great , looks like the bars will go on , no more squaks and rattles ,better ride and launch , no down side .
thanks and good luck with your car !
I could not get the car to spin at all this time. The added 30lbs for the ties did not slow the car :cheers: It went faster!

Hello BarryC, after looking at it closely it does have the stiching seperating 1/32". 2" on one side and 3" on the other. Can't see this from the seat. The original color is black. Thanks for making me put my glasses on, doh! I did get some pics, I will up load them soon Don

The ties will be installed in Dodge Girls car this week. I also had a chance to price out these done in aluminum. It would save 15lbs but cost $80.00 more than the painted steel set's. The added weight helped my ET!!!:snakeman:

Here they are ready for drilling in Charlies 65 Valiant two door, 106"W.B.:cheers:
both65frametie.JPG

I will be installing new floor pans in this car, Charlie dropped some off last week. Then bolting a set of these in after. This is the reason for the big hole now Don

-
Back