Boot clips for 67 barracuda convertible

-

cudajim

cudajim
Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can find boot clips for my 67 ragtop Barracuda? There are 22 of them (I believe) and the snaps which hold down the boot screw into them.
Mine are rusty and half of them unusable. The enclosed picture is the best one I can find on short notice.

Attachments

• bootclip.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 171
RT Specialties carries them in kit form with the snap-screws. Be prepared for sticker shock as the kit is almost $100.00

George

RT Specialties carries them in kit form with the snap-screws. Be prepared for sticker shock as the kit is almost $100.00

George

I tried their web page, it's nearly impossible to find anything without going through every single item. I also tried to call - he never picks up the phone...strange way to run a business.

I tried myself once.......ONCE....... to get hold of them via email. That was about 3 years ago, and I still haven't heard from them. I thought it was just me as I never heard anything like this before.
I don't know where else to send you but to eBay.

Good Luck Bruther.

George

An auto body supply store might be worth a shot. A few years ago I was lloking for cage nuts for the door hinges on my 51 Plymouth, and ABS (Auto Body Supply)could order them, the only problem was that I would need to buy a whole box of 100.

themoparshop.com carries them, but, like what's been said, be prepared to pay $75 + shipping for 25 of them.

...and I got 25 of the screws/snaps for $5 at a local upholstery shop.

Attachments

• ConvertTrimClips 002 (Medium).jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 147
If you buy a new set I would be interested in you good used ones. Or vise-versa.
I picked up a piece of material a few years back with intentions of making the clips I need. Just another back burner project.
The next question would be what to coat these clips with to prevent their rusting.

-
Back