Borla XR-1 exhaust install

-
How is the cabin drone cruising around?

havent tested it out yet, but its a given with dumps that theres going to drone...if there was tailpipes, its probably a different story since these are straight through style mufflers, not chambered...even still, i actually like a bit of drone

drove the car for the first time today under its own power though into the garage and the neighbors were outside with all their families...had to warm er up, and once i did i really let er have it....these mufflers just flippin BARK! i love em! lol:cheers:

Nice to see some of my handy work is being used on these mopars. I work for Borla Exhaust and this caught my attention. I hope you enjoy the mufflers mshred

Nice to see some of my handy work is being used on these mopars. I work for Borla Exhaust and this caught my attention. I hope you enjoy the mufflers mshred

Hey Cudasteve, I love the mufflers! i dont want to sound critical here, but i think you guys at borla should do some soundclips of these guys on different types of cars and put them on your site...it was almost impossible for me to find any muscle car or v8 car with Borla mufflers on youtube...all i could find was a 347 mustang and a 340 cuda, and a couple of vettes...so i was kinda expecting a surprise to hear them on my car...nonetheless, when i saw the size and craftsmanship on them, i knew they would sound good, and low and behold, i get an eargasm every time

actually, my buddies are coming over, so im gona fire it up for them to hear too! lol...can you guys tell i really love these things!:love7:

When i go in tomorrow ill make the opinion to the HR officer about it and when i get my cuda running its going to be borla all the way since i work for the company and have borla mufflers on my daily driver. We make each muffler with the best stainless and the best craftsmanship and im glad to see a mopar lover using Borla and proud to say they have Borla on there mopar. Also the XR-1 mufflers are good the PRO XS mufflers are great as well. just a future reminder.

Hey Cudasteve, I love the mufflers! i dont want to sound critical here, but i think you guys at borla should do some soundclips of these guys on different types of cars and put them on your site...it was almost impossible for me to find any muscle car or v8 car with Borla mufflers on youtube...all i could find was a 347 mustang and a 340 cuda, and a couple of vettes...so i was kinda expecting a surprise to hear them on my car...nonetheless, when i saw the size and craftsmanship on them, i knew they would sound good, and low and behold, i get an eargasm every time

actually, my buddies are coming over, so im gona fire it up for them to hear too! lol...can you guys tell i really love these things!:love7:

Very nice! My son says it sounds angry! I've long been a dynomax fan but borla is second only because ofthe price,which used to be outrageuos..

When i go in tomorrow ill make the opinion to the HR officer about it and when i get my cuda running its going to be borla all the way since i work for the company and have borla mufflers on my daily driver. We make each muffler with the best stainless and the best craftsmanship and im glad to see a mopar lover using Borla and proud to say they have Borla on there mopar. Also the XR-1 mufflers are good the PRO XS mufflers are great as well. just a future reminder.

I saw the pro xs mufflers, but i went after the xr-1's for the race sound since i wanted loud and raunchy, and thats what i got! cant wait till guys ask me what mufflers i have on my car...everyone at every show says "flowmaster"...well not this car lol

Very nice! My son says it sounds angry! I've long been a dynomax fan but borla is second only because ofthe price,which used to be outrageuos..

yea, when i first saw the prices i was a little shocked myself...but ive had both the dynomax ultra flow stainless steel mufflers and these borlas in my hand, and i have to say the difference is in the quality...the craftsmanship on the Borlas is flawless, so its no wonder they offer a million mile warranty

mshred i talked to my HR officer about it and right now they are in the mist of doing so on youtube there is a Borla channel that is showing our new muffler called the Borla Atak muffler right now is not available since they are still working out the kinks. but they are working on the videos

mshred i talked to my HR officer about it and right now they are in the mist of doing so on youtube there is a Borla channel that is showing our new muffler called the Borla Atak muffler right now is not available since they are still working out the kinks. but they are working on the videos

nice!8)

nice, i know borla has the best looking mufflers i have seen and they feel very well made :) just alitle hard knowing how they sound since there is so few videos of them :)

I know and im doing what i can to help with that. Right now we are so slammed we have hardly any time to do anything but in a couple months we will slow down and have more time to post videos and such

nice, i know borla has the best looking mufflers i have seen and they feel very well made :) just alitle hard knowing how they sound since there is so few videos of them :)

I know and im doing what i can to help with that. Right now we are so slammed we have hardly any time to do anything but in a couple months we will slow down and have more time to post videos and such

i understand it,same problem where im working! looking forward to see the result when there is time :)

ok to everyone wanting borla to have sound clips up on there site i just got this question in a email. and this was my answer. mshred and duster340 sorry.

Q. Why don't you have sound clips on each of your part numbers?

We really wish we could just package a sound sample in a box like little shampoo bottles or the cologne ads in magazines -- you know, the ones where you pull apart the page and get to actually smell it. But the nature of our product is such that this is not possible.

Although we have posted a few sounds on our website homepage, it's really a disservice to the actual sound quality of our products because they sound so much better in person - no matter what kind of computer speakers you have.

Recorded with a microphone. There are thousands of different microphones available and they all sound different from one another. Record the same system, on the same car, with different microphones and the sound will be different. Variables of condenser mics, dynamic mics, large capsules, small capsules, tubes etc. will all affect the sound you hear on playback. Are you looking to compare microphones or an exhausts?

A compressed sound file - Sound files are normally compressed for web pages and this drastically changes the sound.

Played back through a speaker - Similar to the microphone issue listed in item #1, there are a wide variety of speakers available and they all sound different. The difference in speakers will completely change the sound you hear on playback. Add a subwoofer and it's even less of a true replication of what you will experience after you have installed a Borla on your vehicle.

We wouldn't recommend making your buying decision by listening to sound clips on the web. It's like deciding who has the best tomato sauce by recreating the smell they emit with scratch-and-sniffs. There is no substitute for tasting it.

When you hear an exhaust in person, there are certain physical properties of sound that are impossible to recreate with a sound file, such as vibration through the ground and into your inner ear. The sound you hear from our Corvette exhaust, for example, is not just what comes out of the tailpipe. It's rather a combination of sounds coming from the tailpipe tip, the engine, reflections off the ground, resonance of the cabin -- even the reverberation of sound through your body affects what you hear through your inner ear. You can't recreate all of these variables over the Internet, yet they all affect the sound experience of your exhaust. Therefore, whatever you hear over cyperspace cannot be an accurate replication of what you will hear when you install it on your Vette for real. If you're as critical of sound as we are, this is unacceptable.

Borla Performance strives for opportunities to match up against the competition in real world settings because, after nearly 30 years of success and customer feedback, we have a very good idea of what our customers are looking for.

Although it's fun (and certainly easy) to surf the web and listen to sound clips, we wouldn't recommend using this as your final decision.

ok to everyone wanting borla to have sound clips up on there site i just got this question in a email. and this was my answer. mshred and duster340 sorry.

We really wish we could just package a sound sample in a box like little shampoo bottles or the cologne ads in magazines -- you know, the ones where you pull apart the page and get to actually smell it. But the nature of our product is such that this is not possible.

Although we have posted a few sounds on our website homepage, it's really a disservice to the actual sound quality of our products because they sound so much better in person - no matter what kind of computer speakers you have.

Recorded with a microphone. There are thousands of different microphones available and they all sound different from one another. Record the same system, on the same car, with different microphones and the sound will be different. Variables of condenser mics, dynamic mics, large capsules, small capsules, tubes etc. will all affect the sound you hear on playback. Are you looking to compare microphones or an exhausts?

A compressed sound file - Sound files are normally compressed for web pages and this drastically changes the sound.

Played back through a speaker - Similar to the microphone issue listed in item #1, there are a wide variety of speakers available and they all sound different. The difference in speakers will completely change the sound you hear on playback. Add a subwoofer and it's even less of a true replication of what you will experience after you have installed a Borla on your vehicle.

We wouldn't recommend making your buying decision by listening to sound clips on the web. It's like deciding who has the best tomato sauce by recreating the smell they emit with scratch-and-sniffs. There is no substitute for tasting it.

When you hear an exhaust in person, there are certain physical properties of sound that are impossible to recreate with a sound file, such as vibration through the ground and into your inner ear. The sound you hear from our Corvette exhaust, for example, is not just what comes out of the tailpipe. It's rather a combination of sounds coming from the tailpipe tip, the engine, reflections off the ground, resonance of the cabin -- even the reverberation of sound through your body affects what you hear through your inner ear. You can't recreate all of these variables over the Internet, yet they all affect the sound experience of your exhaust. Therefore, whatever you hear over cyperspace cannot be an accurate replication of what you will hear when you install it on your Vette for real. If you're as critical of sound as we are, this is unacceptable.

Borla Performance strives for opportunities to match up against the competition in real world settings because, after nearly 30 years of success and customer feedback, we have a very good idea of what our customers are looking for.

Although it's fun (and certainly easy) to surf the web and listen to sound clips, we wouldn't recommend using this as your final decision.

I agree 100%, and although i do, it still doesnt make any sense to me....i didnt buy just for sound, i bought borla because they flow crazy and have a lifetime warranty on top of the fact that they sound good...but as a company, you guys would be helping yourselves by using good recording equipment and your better sounding systems and recording them for the clips...otherwise, if people dont get to hear borlas in person (i didnt, everyone uses flowmasters, and i mean everyone) how are they ever going to know? just my two cents...either way im happy with mine, and thats why i posted this vid in the first place, to fill the void for borla soundclips so other mopar guys can have a listen

and again mshred everyone has different computers and laptops different speakers one laptop/computer it can sound AWESOME the next it sound like total dog crap thats all i was trying to get across i mean i would love to put some sound clips up but as i said its not the best way. By any chance you dont like Borla on your car and go to a different company keep the muffler ill bet you that youll put the Borla back on for the flow. Borla has been proven to flow better than a straight peice of pipe. Your two cents has been takin as a customer and understand were you are coming from and as you said you agree with me as well. (XR-1's are going on my cuda btw) anyone else have there 2 cents? i may have a dollar by the time im done here LOL

Man, I could listen to that idle for five minutes easily! It sounds that good!:cheers:
Ain't nothing like a V-8 idling.

and again mshred everyone has different computers and laptops different speakers one laptop/computer it can sound AWESOME the next it sound like total dog crap thats all i was trying to get across i mean i would love to put some sound clips up but as i said its not the best way. By any chance you dont like Borla on your car and go to a different company keep the muffler ill bet you that youll put the Borla back on for the flow. Borla has been proven to flow better than a straight peice of pipe. Your two cents has been takin as a customer and understand were you are coming from and as you said you agree with me as well. (XR-1's are going on my cuda btw) anyone else have there 2 cents? i may have a dollar by the time im done here LOL

Steve, your taking it all wrong man, i know these mufflers flow good! thats the main reason i got them! plus they sound mean! i will be running these mufflers on everything i ever own...all im saying was that even some clips might help out, thats all...i understand you dont control everything...trust me like i already told you, im spreading the borla word to everyone that asks or doesnt lol...im on for life as a customer

hey mshred i understand ya man and yes your right i dont control everything im just a simple employee but which XR-1's you get?? i totally forgot theres a difference between the different XR-1's lol

I saw the pro xs mufflers, but i went after the xr-1's for the race sound since i wanted loud and raunchy, and thats what i got! cant wait till guys ask me what mufflers i have on my car...everyone at every show says "flowmaster"...well not this car lol

yea, when i first saw the prices i was a little shocked myself...but ive had both the dynomax ultra flow stainless steel mufflers and these borlas in my hand, and i have to say the difference is in the quality...the craftsmanship on the Borlas is flawless, so its no wonder they offer a million mile warranty

Yes you're right Flowmaster is associated with loudness or should I say noise pollution :-D it's just that I don't like it loud. Didn't hear the xr-1 Yet. I'm saving for Borla I become speechless everytime I look at those.

Borrow a 4.6 GT mustang owner's camera. Those always make the car sound good. Camaro guys cameras never sound good. Mopar is a toss up.

here's another Borla for ya, this is a pic or the XR-1 muffler I am running.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1w9X6qljQE"]YouTube- 64 valiant stroker[/ame]

And this is a sound clip of the stroker with them on. (and a few header leaks you might hear)

bor-40359_w.jpg

-
Back