Bought a Truck!

-
IT LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha:

Broke in the cam then beat the **** out of it! It didn't overheat or leak during break in. I have to fine tune it, wire up the alt, put the bed back on, then drive it!

New clutch, cam, ported the head, intake and gasket matched the headers, stock pistons, new bottom end bearings, 390 Holley and HEI ignition. In a few weeks I will be putting in an iron cased OD 4 speed in place of the sloppy on the tree. That will make a world of difference!

The short one on the right was the first time I pulled out of the driveway and the long one on the left was after the first time around the block.:snakeman:

Video of breaking in the cam...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWYLGZuLkVY"]YouTube- ‪100 5947‬‎[/ame]

100_5948.jpg

100_5949.jpg

nice truck, nice work!!
i got rid of my big truck, now i'm trying to get my hands on a 69 fargo utiline that an old guy putts around in over here.
heres the super sized 1970 that i had. it was on the '09 sweptline.org calender which was pretty cool. hard to find parking though!

truck 015_1_2.jpg

I took her to work on Friday and today I took it on a long shake down run out to my dads place about an hour away. It overheated on the way there because I was running just water and I never flushed the radiator. I did that out at my dads place, added some coolant and it runs great and cools just fine with the V8 clutch fan and stock radiator. I still need to fine tune the Holley 390 (vac secondaries need a lighter spring) or trade it off for a 400-500 cfm Eddy. I know a carb guy that was going to try and tweek a 500 down to 400 so I will shoot him an email and see if it worked.

The exhaust is a pair of headers into a single Flowmaster muffler and with the 3 on the tree combined with 3.55 gears you are doing 60mp at 2500rpm...the ringing in my ears is almost gone now. I will be putting in a set of 3.23 gears and picking up an OD 4 speed in a few weeks, that will make it a more comfortable drive!

The HEI unit replacing the mopar ignition as usual works 1000 mes better and e GM alternator also works great I just need to fine tune the bracket a little. Now that all the electrical bugs are worked out of the truck I will able to clean up and wrap the engine harness. I also have a split bench seat out of a Duster to replace the mexican blanket covered POS that is in the truck right now.

The next big thing will be POWER STEERING!!!!!
I already have the Mustang II power rack in the shed and rebuild kits for them are dirt cheap.

http://freepages.misc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~jstubblefield/dodge1.htm

Congrats what great feeling! Don't mean to be a dick but water actually transfers heat better than a water/coolant mix. it just doesn't boil over as quickly and prevents corrosion. I'm thinking the flush did the trick more than anything else.

Bone stock cam? Just curious is all. How's your mileage with the 3.55 gears? 2500 doen't seem that bad at all really. Maybe a Dynomax instead the earmaster? Running 235/75-15 tires?

Bone stock cam? Just curious is all. How's your mileage with the 3.55 gears? 2500 doen't seem that bad at all really. Maybe a Dynomax instead the earmaster? Running 235/75-15 tires?

The cam is a Delta regrind.. http://www.deltacam.com/

Duration INT/EXH = 254

Valve lift = .435

Valve lash = .012

I used right around 1/2 tank round trip about 115 miles. Tires are 225/75R15.

The cam is a Delta regrind.. http://www.deltacam.com/

Duration INT/EXH = 254

Valve lift = .435

Valve lash = .012

I used right around 1/2 tank round trip about 115 miles. Tires are 225/75R15.

Did you degree to verify the cam specs? I got the replacement cam for my HO 4.0 from very reputable maker and it turned out to be a cam for 4.2L Jeep but the higher lift of an HO. It turned out to work to my advantage and plan anyway as the the HO cam has an ICL of 120 and a LSA of 114 and I wanted to move that ICL way up to 114 with an offset cam key for a BB. I ended up with a cam that that had a 110 LSA and with the stock key I had an ICL of 110. :) It's a bit rough with fuel injection when cold but pulls hard from idle to 5200+. The porting made all the difference on the top end and I imagine that the porting you did helped too.

Have you wound it up yet?

I didn't have time to degree the cam. I just threw it in, lined up the dots and closed her up. I had to get her on the road asap, besides it isn't that much of a bigger cam over a stock hydraulic cammed slant.

I would love to wind her all the way up but I run out of gear too fast. Between the non syncroed first gear, sloppy column shifted 3 speed and 3.55 open rear it gets to the top pretty fast.I also need to play around with the power valve and secondary spring so I can get the secondaries to open right. I spend most of my time bouncing between third and second due to retards in front of me! I am picking up the 4 speed for it this weekend and I will be putting n a Hurst V-gate shifter :snakeman:

I still need to clean up the wires under the hood, get some beauty rings for the wheels, install the duster split back bench seat and patch the 2 holes in the floor of the box where the ghetto shock towers were. Other than that is is my daily driver right now!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voCENTodA0Q"]YouTube- 1969 D100 daily driver[/ame]

Rear bags at 100psi

100_5963.jpg

Rear bags dumped (How I drive it unless there is something in the bed).

100_5964.jpg

100_5965.jpg

100_5966.jpg

100_5967.jpg

100_5968.jpg

-
Back