Bought a Truck!

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
69 short wide bed. Clear title, slant six with a rod knock and a 3 on the tree. It came with a 4 speed and an extra column with no shifter. 8 3/4 rear, air bagged in the rear, extra windshield, electric ignition, 2 bbl with a new carb and shorty truck headers with new single exhaust.
Plans are to drop in the rebuilt slant with the cam that came out of Nikkis 66 dart, new clutch and put in the 4 speed after I go through it and install a new seat from the junk yard. There is some bondo in it but the cab is solid along with the floors. It is just a $900 craigslist truck that will be used to put around in. :cheers:

Looks like I will have to sign up for one more forum...sweptline.org here I come :angry7:

100_5862.jpg

100_5863.jpg

100_5864.jpg

100_5865.jpg

Nice score JR. I wish there was a a forum for mine, '38 Dodge pickup no parts available.com, LOL.

That thing looks solid.

nice JR! I need to get down there and see it and the new house!

Nice find JR! Tailgate looks real good. Usually they get beat to death from heavy sliding loads.

Just a thought but a boneyard 4.0L HO FI engine would turn that into a great daily driver.

I already have the 225 out of Nikkis 66 dart all rebuilt and ready to go with a new cam, I just have to get some 0.10 main and rod bearings, paint it red and drop it in when I get a new clutch. But I also have that 40 over T-rammed 360 sitting here....NO!!! Bad thoughts bad thoughts!:snakeman:

I already have the 225 out of Nikkis 66 dart all rebuilt and ready to go with a new cam, I just have to get some 0.10 main and rod bearings, paint it red and drop it in when I get a new clutch. But I also have that 40 over T-rammed 360 sitting here....NO!!! Bad thoughts bad thoughts!:snakeman:

That TR'd 360 would certainly bring the cool factor up 5 notches..... :read2:

gotta finish a set of door hinges first and eat some food, ill call yha when I am finished

I've been looking for a truck just like that. That's a hell of a deal there JR. It's just not like me to envy someone but i'm close to it. My plan is to cut the cab below the back glass and take about 3" maybe 4" out of the windshield and build me a Carson type removable top. Been leaning toward either a turbo small block or a blown small block. Still in the air on that. Let me know what you need. I think i have three of em seting in the field. Good snag JR.
Small Block

Nice score JR. I have been keeping my eye open too smallblock. I don't know why, I have too many projects right now. Doesn't hurt to look though.

i missed a chance to get something similar a few years back and am still kicking myself.nice score.

Pretty cool J.R.
I have been halfway looking around for a shortbed to slam the 440 thats sitting in the 68 longbox.

Have some fun with it.

-RPM

Sweet truck...sweptline.org has some good people on the forum...

have fun!

Aloha mike

btw...someday I'll contact your pops and get him some business from Hawaii.....

BTW the bed can be aligned fairly easily...just might need some wood block to shim it....loosen a few bed bolts and start pushin' til it looks right!

Aloha

Cool truck J.R. Now when I take apart another project you can bring your own truck over to get all the parts I don't intend to use. :toothy10:

-
Back