Boy am I stupid!!!

-

mailman2004

Reaction score
So this is what happened when you tring to read the sign in a store window and don't notice the light poll in front of you!!!! And to top it off I haven't had it for 3 weeks yet! :banghead:

Don't be so hard on yourself. Sh it happens. It's a shame. Looks like it's a great truck....Could have been a lot worse. And nobody got hurt did they ?

No injuries, we are just a little sore, I was only going 10-15 mph but went from 15 mph to 0 mph in 0 feet. Really hoping the insurance company doesn't total it

I did that once. Turned into a driveway and didn't notice a metal signpost right next to the curb. Centered that 56 Chev headlight dead center on that metal post!!!

Well...can you get parts from a salvage yard? IIRC, the grille, bumper, & interior bits are the same as the 1500's.

The popped air bags will be the decision maker of the deal.

The air bags I found came with the module, the crumple zone is crumpled, no it isn't against the law to used used aid bags

Don't look that bad! Not that much sheet metal damage. Let us know what happens.

There is actually no sheet metal damage other than the bumper, if it wasn't for the crumple zone being crumpled ahead if the radiator support it would just need a bumper and headlight

That will buff out.....glad no one got banged up to bad. Have you heard form the insurance folks yet? If they do total will you be able to buy it back from them? Got nailed hard in a Regal I owned years ago, only had liability on it, knucklehead that nailed me has no collision on him either. We had the same agent & insurance company. I was able to buy it back for the scrap price, was only $100 or so. Wrecking yard nose, a bit of frame pulling and a respray of the nose (paint on it was only 4 months old) and it was good to go, with a salvage title. I drove it for a couple of years before giving it to my folks, they drove it until it rotted away, 7 or so years later. Sorry for rambling.....Good Luck

How many miles are on the truck?

Does it have left frame rail damage?

The crumple zone ahead of the radiator support is crumpled, other than that no frame damage.

The good thing if they don't total it is my dad owns a body shop, I will get paid to fix my own truck, could make some extra money for the holidays

Is that a bolt on or will it need to be sectioned (do they have a sectioning procedure?).

Some of these new rigs can total so easy. We just had a Hummer H3 total at the shop a couple months ago. Rear, right rail damage. No sectioning allowed. Only total frame replacement.

Absolutely zero body damage. Back in the old days, this would have been a quick in and out job with a bumper replacement and a little pulling.

Is that a bolt on or will it need to be sectioned (do they have a sectioning procedure?).

Some of these new rigs can total so easy. We just had a Hummer H3 total at the shop a couple months ago. Rear, right rail damage. No sectioning allowed. Only total frame replacement.

Absolutely zero body damage. Back in the old days, this would have been a quick in and out job with a bumper replacement and a little pulling.

I looked on car-part.com and they sell used front frame rail sections so I am assuming they will allow a section, like I said all of the rail damage is ahead of the radiator support so it would be a easy section to replace, my dad is going to try to talk the adjuster in to letting us repair it instead of totaling, I hooked the pull dozer on it and pulled enough to get the bumper lose for better visibility and just a few tugs already started to pull the crumple zone out.

You are unhurt and this is why God made airbags :)

been in your position before :)

just found a frame for $550 its 33 hrs labor to change, it would be a lot of work but I would rather see that than total

-
Back