boycott ebay

-
O.K. I understand. I know when I have tried to bid on items that I have been blocked. Would there be a difference if the item were to be shipped to a parcel service in the US? Sorry for all questions I have only bought never sold and could never figure the resistance of selling to Canada. With myself there were items that I would have paid double the selling price for but because of selling policies could not bid.

Yes as stated above with a US address for shipping it goes without trouble for the online reciept. I have sold to Mexico with a Texas shipping and Canada with a Washington State address also Argentina with a Florida shipping. Then the seller is covered and the buyer gets the items he needs. Like I said it also helps to ask the seller during the auction and a decent seller will allow it with a money order. As a buyer you also need to watch the sellers feedback before sending a money order.

I've found that most Ebayers that won't ship to Canada, will ship to a parcel pickup service like Mike's Parcel Pickup in Pembina ND. Just make sure you take your Ebay reciept with you as Canada Customs can sometimes hard to deal with.

BTW, other than the time it takes to go pick things up, I've actually saved money. (much lower shipping costs, no customs clearing fees & a cheap tank fill before returning)

We use Menke's in Neche you can cross at Gretna and no big lines at the border.

I did have one bad purchase on ebay, but after 6 months I finally got my money back.

I can't say the same for racingjunk.com and UPS. I purchased a pair of coilover shocks from a guy on there. UPS damaged the really worn out box that he shipped them in so one was missing. The guy said he would make a claim for me, but then refused to answer any of my calls after that so basically I got ripped off.

A member on BBD.com was nice enough to make a claim for me when UPS tore a whole in another box that contained ladder bars and a diagonal link. Unfortunately only the ladder bars were in the box when it arrived at my house. He filed the claim and then sent me a check for $100. Fortunately I found one brand new on another website for $90 shipped so it all worked out on that purchase.

I like ebay because I at least get to leave a feedback. I do a lot of buying and selling on there. So far I haven't left anyone a negative feedback and nobody has left one for me either. I did have a Dart grill that was damaged during shipment to a winning bidder. I didn't even bother with the UPS claim, I just refunded her money as soon as she let me know about it.

i have had 3 issues with sellers in last 45 days and trying to talk to someone at ebay has been a joke i was on hold over a hour last nite with no results i guess i really need to read up on seller better

Ebay gives the sellers a lot of leway, thats where ebay makes their money is from the seller not the buyer... I reported a guy once who had 12 user I.D's and was running up all his auctions, ebay killed 8 of his I.D's and left him 4 and let the guy keep on scamming....

i personally have had a few issues with ebay members not sending or misrepresenting items ,and we need to start somewhere. i personally am done. i am in the middle of 3 cases that are tied up in so much redtape you would think it was goverment run. i am washing my hands on it all and chalking it up for learning not to deal with the members there, or there practices. i hope anyone else that has future deals with them are happy but i wont deal on that site anymore. when did someones word start meaning nothing at all.sorry had to get this off my chest, its been going on for a while. [handshake was deal done and word was bond]

They are not all bad. You and and I have done business with no problems and I buy and sell under 440scamp on Ebay. So we ain't all bad! It's like anywhere else, you have good and unfortunantly you have some bad people.

i follow you sgbarracuda i have been happy with our deals, you are a standup seller. its just i got involved evidenly, with 3 bad sellers. and ebay is not acting fast enough for my taste when i do finally get in touch with them. thanks for your ebay name i will be checking out your store. when i posted this i just got off hold waiting for a rep and got nowhere after waiting for 1 1/2 hours waiting just had to vent some

As a seller you can't leave a buyer a negative feedback even if they don't pay.

That was a big mistake in my book when they did that. It lets a buyer screw someone and continue like nothing happened. By doing this is stops other sellers from being warned that they may have trouble with a buyer. I have seen auctions where a car or part was bid up not payed for then wont bring anywhere near that on a re-list because people feel is was shill bidding.

That was a big mistake in my book when they did that. It lets a buyer screw someone and continue like nothing happened. By doing this is stops other sellers from being warned that they may have trouble with a buyer. I have seen auctions where a car or part was bid up not payed for then wont bring anywhere near that on a re-list because people feel is was shill bidding.

I have left this as a feedback for non-payment, <(<(<(< DID NOT PAY)>)>)>. Although he still gets a positive it stands out and is easily seen, if anyone looks. They do get a non paying bidder alert, however that works.

I have had good luck on ebay till now, will see in a couple of days if it works it out. Not sure if FedX lost it or the seller paid for shipping and didn't send it......

Also had one weird buying encounter with a crazy person from Hollywood but it turned out alright after ebay/paypal stepped in:tard:

Only had two "big" issues, with almost 600 transactions. I've probably had more issues with straight up vendors, than folks on ebay.

Agree with needing to look at sellers history. I also find myself misreading descriptions, as sometimes I have "happy eyes", when looking for some unusual/rare "stuff".

Only had two "big" issues, with almost 600 transactions. I've probably had more issues with straight up vendors, than folks on ebay.

Agree with needing to look at sellers history. I also find myself misreading descriptions, as sometimes I have "happy eyes", when looking for some unusual/rare "stuff".

I know exactly what happy eyes are. I've been guilty of that more times than i would like to admit. I had to giggle when I read that.

I very rarely have any problems on ebay buying or selling, I ask a lot of questions and if thay don't have near perfect feedback I don't mess with them...

That isn't true, you need to think why they got neg feedback. Buyers make errors too or pay to much....high shipping fees don't turn me of from a good buy, Ebay fees are too darn high for the little service they provide. Heck f.a.b.o. does almost the same thing for free!!

There are some bad sellers and ebay seems not as good lately. Everybody sold off their old "good stuff". Some ads are misleading or leave out info. I seen sbm dist, really cool types but fit the R blocks only, yet no where in the ad it says that.

Ebay is like gas stations, I hate them but use them, ha ha

i personally have had a few issues with ebay members not sending or misrepresenting items ,and we need to start somewhere. i personally am done. i am in the middle of 3 cases that are tied up in so much redtape you would think it was goverment run. i am washing my hands on it all and chalking it up for learning not to deal with the members there, or there practices. i hope anyone else that has future deals with them are happy but i wont deal on that site anymore. when did someones word start meaning nothing at all.sorry had to get this off my chest, its been going on for a while. [handshake was deal done and word was bond]

I lost a big chunk in the bs of paypal..they guarantee nada if the seller flakes..I was told that if the seller reopens a store, I may get my money back..this was a 99.6 positive seller with over 10,000 sales..

I used to have paypal through my savings account..now it is visa so if paypal reneges again, Visa will back me..

I went so far try to lay charges because the offense was over state borders. I went to the town where the business was located..I talked to the internet fraud squad...I even went to one senator who was involved in this line..I got words but no action....what I found out was NO ONE cares..

I learned that is was best to walk away but I still get upset when someone doesn't deal with you in a straight up honest way...

Grassy

When you are in the wilds of another country with a relativily small base to buy parts from Ebay opens up a safer way to purchase things. A question though why are there a high percentage of U.S. sellers that will not ship out of country? Do these sellers not realise the money being left on the table?
I've bought and sold on E-bay for many years now and recommend it. I've only had a handfull of problems but ALL of them were from out-of-country buyers. Whether it's language problems, money exchange, shipping delays/costs, paperwork, or whatever, it's always something. I found it just wasn't worth the trouble.

I've bought and sold on E-bay for many years now and recommend it. I've only had a handfull of problems but ALL of them were from out-of-country buyers. Whether it's language problems, money exchange, shipping delays/costs, paperwork, or whatever, it's always something. I found it just wasn't worth the trouble.

When I saw this post, it upset me so I walked away to think about it...

Firstly, to ship to Canada is the same as us shipping to the States except you have to put a value on the parcel and state what it is..not a biggie..

Secondly, shipping to Canada is not International..Brittain is..we are not..please take a look at the map..

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/americas/north_america_ref02.jpg

I live only a stones throw from Maine. It really irks me that US companies will only ship free to the lower 48 when most times..it would be cheaper to ship to me that the farthest lower 48 is..our countries and Canadians are apart of your culture as Americans are in ours. What either country does, affects the other.

Sorry about that..let me jump off the box..

Back to the post..

The only person who stole money from me was a guy on e-bay from the US...this theft..and I call it that because he had absolutely no intention of sending me the product..it was for a sizable sum..he was supported by Paypal ..which I understand is an American creation..I have paperwork,etc but I lost.

The only purchases I have had problem with on FABO..and I agree one was due to lack of communication..but the others were both south of the border.

When we travel south to your beautiful country, the service in your service economy leaves a lot to be desired..it is well below what we receive here..and for some reason, your hotel costs are far higher for what you receive.

Will I stop buying off of FABO or e-bay because of a few negative incidents..absolutely not..I am an eternal optimist..you have to be to overcome a terrible injury.

Will we stop going down to your beautiful country even though we now have to have a passport ??? ..and because of lousy service ??? absolutely not..

Regardless of the above, we do meet really nice folks and I am impressed with many of the sellers from the US that I have bought from..I really like people and I am not going to give up something I like due to a couple of bad apples..

Now back to your statement..."I've only had a handfull of problems but ALL of them were from out-of-country buyers."

Lets flip it around. The reason that you have problems with out of country buyers is because we have higher expectations..and are not satisfied with only a half effort with our bucks..

Neither sound good..I dislike both statements. We are all here for a simple reason..we love MOPARS.

Rather than arguing, lets sort out the bad apples and continue the fellowship and the knowledge transfer about these fine cars.

Lets' see what we can do.

Grassy

Hey not everything you say is true. When I sell to canada also everyone asks me to lie about the value of the item? Why do you think that is? USA fault, no way. And suggest UPS or FED EX and canucks have a Massive MI! Canada is by definition International! Go to USPS and calculate Shipping, Your choice Domestic or? you got it international. I'll stop now as you struck a nerve with you hammering the USA.

The reason some folks ask this is because anything over 70 or 75 dollars is subject to duty..even gifts. There are some exceptions such as camera equipment..that is why you have to put on the parcel the contents of the package. As for courier companies, I really don't like them and I ALWAYS ask the stuff to be sent via USPS which is a great organization...not sure why they call it international as well...

I am not slamming the US....just reacting to the previous person's post which could be considered ""slamming" Canada as you put it. You find his post as ok and mine not ??? Interesting. Please read my post again....

Other than the purchasing incidents , the rest is our observations are from when we travel..and we travel as much as we can..no matter where we go in the world, we generally do not compare it to our country ..that wouldn't be fair. We enjoy it as an experience...

Did you know that in grade three or four , our students are required to memorize all the states and their capitals ? This comment isn't really germain to my post but it is an interesting tidbit.

I like the states and enjoy most of the folks in it ..I was down last week and will probably go again in the next 6 months..but things are different ..even if we don't acknowledge it..

You should come up to Canada..you would enjoy it.

If you find my post offensive, please ask the moddy to remove it.

Cheers
Grassy

PS - the guy that ripped me of was from Florida.

O.K. Language problem the vast majority of Canadians speak english or speak english and a second language. Money exchange if paypal is used that is a non issue. Shipping delays/costs 3 to 4 weeks is what I would consider normal if coming through customs. Shipping costs if I need somthing charge me a reasonable extra cost no problem. I do not ask any seller to send as gift if Canada customs catches on then my name would pop up every time I cross the border don't need the hassle. Paper work, for the extra couple of min. not really a factor if the selling price is way higher and it normally would be a lot higher.

I think the biggest problem with Ebay is people dont read the description or ask questions. They just assume everything. If it seems like too good of a deal it probably is.

When I saw this post, it upset me so I walked away to think about it...

Firstly, to ship to Canada is the same as us shipping to the States except you have to put a value on the parcel and state what it is..not a biggie..

Secondly, shipping to Canada is not International..Brittain is..we are not..please take a look at the map..

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/americas/north_america_ref02.jpg

I live only a stones throw from Maine. It really irks me that US companies will only ship free to the lower 48 when most times..it would be cheaper to ship to me that the farthest lower 48 is..our countries and Canadians are apart of your culture as Americans are in ours. What either country does, affects the other.

Sorry about that..let me jump off the box..

Back to the post..

The only person who stole money from me was a guy on e-bay from the US...this theft..and I call it that because he had absolutely no intention of sending me the product..it was for a sizable sum..he was supported by Paypal ..which I understand is an American creation..I have paperwork,etc but I lost.

The only purchases I have had problem with on FABO..and I agree one was due to lack of communication..but the others were both south of the border.

When we travel south to your beautiful country, the service in your service economy leaves a lot to be desired..it is well below what we receive here..and for some reason, your hotel costs are far higher for what you receive.

Will I stop buying off of FABO or e-bay because of a few negative incidents..absolutely not..I am an eternal optimist..you have to be to overcome a terrible injury.

Will we stop going down to your beautiful country even though we now have to have a passport ??? ..and because of lousy service ??? absolutely not..

Regardless of the above, we do meet really nice folks and I am impressed with many of the sellers from the US that I have bought from..I really like people and I am not going to give up something I like due to a couple of bad apples..

Now back to your statement..."I've only had a handfull of problems but ALL of them were from out-of-country buyers."

Lets flip it around. The reason that you have problems with out of country buyers is because we have higher expectations..and are not satisfied with only a half effort with our bucks..

Neither sound good..I dislike both statements. We are all here for a simple reason..we love MOPARS.

Rather than arguing, lets sort out the bad apples and continue the fellowship and the knowledge transfer about these fine cars.

Lets' see what we can do.

Grassy
If anyone noticed, I didn't even mention Canada specifically but since that seems to be the subject now, I'll elaborate a little on my experiences shipping there. Sold one item and by the time the guy got around to arranging payment, the exchange rate had changed a little. He bitched and complained about it like it was my fault and threatened to leave negative feedback unless we agreed to cancel the sale. One item took 3 weeks to go 10 miles north of the border and guess what? He claimed he bought another in the mean time and wanted me to take the part back and pay all shipping costs both ways or he would do the same thing. Another shipped part was involved in a UPS train wreck and was destroyed. This guy left negative feedback before I could even offer a replacement! Another didn't want to pay the duty......others wanted me to falsify the value declaration or call the item something else. I'm sure there are many good paying guys there (especially on this wonderful website :) )just looking for some parts and that I probably got more than my quota of Canuckleheads, but if this keeps happening to you, what would you do? Oh, and I have been to Canada many times and love the country and it's people but it is another country.....hence the word "international". If you don't believe me, try going through the border without any papers.

Cudamark,

I would be upset too..especially the exchange one..never been one that has bothered me because I have entered into an agreement..and it certainly wasn't anything you have done to make the currency change...an idiot is an idiot no matter what nationality.. Most folks realize that shipping north or south will take about 10 days..that is why I always as the ship date so I can start counting...and i tell my customers that as well..if it is shorter, than that is a bonus..

We raced a KTM when my son was on a 65 and I wanted a few KTM goodies that you only could get in the US..there are two really large US companies that stock this,,neither large KTM dealership would take a Canadian Visa (Huh ??) or paypal but wanted a western union money transfer and said I had to spend a 250.00 minimum...made my kid feel really good.. and I have said this before..it really irritates me to see "only will ship (or ship free) to lower 48" . I wonder how folks would feel is we said the same (only to Canadian provinces) for the amount of telecommunications, oil, unprocessed wood and gypsum that goes south..

I think this is a no win conversation...the good guys on either side of the border lose because of the bad apples..too bad.

try going through the border without any papers

You are probably much younger that I and I do remember going across without any papers other than a drivers license for Dad and nada for us.. what has the passport deal done for us ? ..as they say, locks are only for honest people..

Cheers
Grassy

I just bought a 67 barracuda dash pad for 99 cents. It has a hairline crack
and i was the only bid. My car didn't come with one so i at least needed one to recover. I may use it as is for a while until i get the extra cash. In 2003
i bought a 1993 ford festiva with 5267 miles. It now has 117000 miles with no problems and gets 45 mpg. I have bought on ebay for years and have only had two problems. One i got my money back and the other was a cellphone with a defective ringer. I only paid 4.95 for it so it wasn't worth the trouble of getting my money back. Ebay has been great for me.
Stan

-
Back