Boycott Sears

-
No this is the total of jobs Ive completed since I had been with them from June 2009-Dec 2012. And you are right about how they charge the customer and pocket the cash from the install company. No extra pay for delivery. It was supposed to be a contract for installations. Not delivery. So the installer has to deliver (for free) and install. What a racquet these people have.

I totally agree with ya there!! On average how many install would you get in a week?

Between 20-30 but I was also covering about 450 square miles of territory. There were days when I would travel so many miles that I would break even or lose money but I always took care of my customers.

Sorry to hear about your struggles.
I call the place Pimps'nQueers.
Their stuff isn't as good in a quality perspective as they profess it to be.
I got a lawn mower off of them 2 years ago as a present, a Craftsman that had a big ''Made in the U.S.A.'' sticker on it and it's pretty good.
I find that most of the stuff they sell is middle of the road, but the prices are still up there.

wow thats alot of area to cover! I am sorry you lost your source of income.Its never good when someone loses their job weather it be at the holidays or any time for that matter.Hang in there it will turn around for ya! you can move to Cleveland ...i'll put ya to work tomorrow.

wow thats alot of area to cover! I am sorry you lost your source of income.Its never good when someone loses their job weather it be at the holidays or any time for that matter.Hang in there it will turn around for ya! you can move to Cleveland ...i'll put ya to work tomorrow.

If things get that bad I may take you up on that offer.

Again,...to save $1.19 ???,....My wife and I thougt that way till we shopped around to all the big stores for a new washer,....(We do alot of homework), Ended up buying from a local small chain,who matched and beat the price of alla bigger stores, by 60 bucks,...including Sears,....

But what sold me was the fact that when I asked the salesman "Who do I get when I have a prob and I call 1-800-bla-blah?? He called the number right then and there and got the repair guy who was responsible for the brand we bought,...He is 45 minutes from my house,....

That's What I'm talking about, right there folks,...If Sears still continued this practice, some of your local fellow Americans would still be employed,....Instead you get someone who shows up 5 days later and has to wait 6-8 weeks for parts,...

Took me awhile, but I was able to break Dad of his Sears fixation,... AFTER 7MONTHS of trying to get his well pump fixed , I had to threaten and initiate legal action against SEARS because they dragged their feet concerning his service contract.

The Sears CEO thanks you from the bottom of his wine cellar in the Caymans...

I shop Sears for appliances because they do have a service center that is pretty quick on the job but at the other big box stores I have to return the item and they send it off for repair. Done been down that road to the rodeo. The service people here have plenty of work without having to wait to get paid for warranty work. We don't have a lot of choices of places to buy major appliances here.

We are lacking for that type of help in this area too.

I am also out of work due to the "corporate greed" ... First it was Mitt Romneys Bain Capital sucking the life out of the company, then it went to th Koch Brothers, The Koch family of industrialists and businessmen is most notable for its control of Koch Industries, the second largest privately owned company in the United States. In 2011, Forbes called it the second largest privately held company in the United States (after Cargill), with an annual revenue of about $98 billion, down from the largest in 2006.

I guess I could close my business and go down and try to get my entitlements. Isn't that what it's coming to?

Accept what has happened and move on. Consuming yourself with malice and ill will wont help matters. You need to clear your head and quit looking back and focus on the future.They,ve already screwed you so why let them stay in your head. Sounds like you have more important things to think about. Will say a prayer for you and your family.Pete

When February rolls around If I do not get work I will be out in the street with 3 young kids. I've been pounding the pavement looking for work. Hopefully I can get this new contract but I am bitter and have EVERY right to be. Dedication and hard work mean nothing to this company. Meanwhile their CEO builds a $40 Million dollar home on a private island all the while closing stores and putting people out of work...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/06/eddie-lampert-home_n_1324122.html

no chance of employment insurance?

The only time I do Sears is to return/replace or repair a tool. I gave up on shopping there 15 years ago.

I can squeeze through next month but a lot of bills will not be paid. I hope that I will line up work before February. Truck is paid until Feb 12th 2013. That buys me a little time. But it is not very easy for me to find work in my field.

I can squeeze through next month but a lot of bills will not be paid. I hope that I will line up work before February. Truck is paid until Feb 12th 2013. That buys me a little time. But it is not very easy for me to find work in my field.

Have you approached Lowes, Home Depot?

Yes I have but they told me that they already have crews. The usual fill out paperwork and "if " we have an opening we may call you.

If it comes down to it check out plumbing companys. We hire people who can use their hands and tools. Setting plumbing fixtures aint a lot different than appliances. A lot of the builders we work for we set their cooktops and dishwashers and occassionally the washer and dryer. Just a thought. We sub out the fixtures.

I am trying that route already. I drafted a letter and have sent it out to a lot of builders and real estate agents.

I hear you and lost my job here (not Sears) almost 2 years ago and have struggled hard.I just took a job at a garage at the paltry pay of $12 hr,and have heard it over and over that if I don't like it?there are 30 others waiting behind you.
I feal the big problem is what people are being taught in this country(my opinion and I am entitled to it!)
Breathe deep
Smell that?
Thats corporate america and it smells like ****!
Good luck in your search,I wish you the best
Doug

There were days when I would travel so many miles that I would break even or lose money but I always took care of my customers.

Does not sound like a great job to me , maybe this is a blessing to land somewhere else . Good luck on your search .

-
Back