Braided fuel line

-

bignasty123

Reaction score
Can someone send me a link of the tool I need to cut it properly braided fuel line, thanks

i wrap the fuel line with tape...black or duct tape...use cut off wheel on grinder to cut braided hose.

Wrap in electrical tape and cut with cut off wheel. Fast so that it does not fray. Works well. The Koul tool is a waste, I bought it, but if you have clap just use that to insert hose into fitting

Yeah I used the cable cutter frm lowes, cut Line I. Store then bounced...lol for me cut off wheel kept fraying the line. What's the proper tool called?

I have used the Koul tool for many years now....makes putting the fitting on simple...

I use a sharpened chisel and a flat piece of steel. Usually only needs one hit and cuts clean.

Prob'ly can't get 'em cheap, but the commercial hose machines use a sharp "knife" blade. Some are smooth, some "wavy" serrations, and some have tiny, reversed saw teeth. I've make thousands of hydraulic hoses in my day

https://www.google.com/search?q=hyd...HqoATLy4GACw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1252&bih=611

montage.jpg

instead of tape, use a fuel injection hose clamp like this:

250347d1340209827-spider-injection-intake-hose-clamps-fi-hose-clamps.gif

once cut, loosen the clamp slightly, put some silicone spray on the inside of the end, and work it on. once you're done, just take the screw out and remove the clamp. WAY easier than with the electrical tape. Make sure you cut right to the clamp with the cut-off wheel.

-
Back