brake booster

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
ok i put a 440 in a dart sport. the brake booster is hitting valve covers, is there a smaller one i can get?

023.JPG

The one in your car looks like the Bendix (single diaphragm). The Midland Ross (tandem diaphragm)is physically smaller and might fit without hitting the valve covers7

PB Booster.jpg

whats car did they come in or what i say when i want to go buy new one?

Not sure about where to get them new. I see them all the time on ebay as part of a disc brake kit so they or something similar must be available new. The one in the picture is from a 60's A Body disc brake car. I have 3 of them 2 are intended for my GT and wagon plus a spare. My 69 FSM has a repair section on them and also mentions as installed with Hemi motors - maybe because of the size? Hope this helps.

i just looked on Rock Auto for a 69 dart with a 273 and they list a dual diaphragm for $133.

Good thing you used steel valve covers, sometimes cast valvecovers have clearance issues on the heater motor(We removed the heater assembly in our two street cars). Ig your gonna have to buy a diff booster have you considered converting to manual brakes, we have them on our 67 gt and it runs high 10s 440/auto and havent had any issues. But on that car we just converted the rear to wilwood disks(I'll do a post with pics i took during the install.) and we are now doing the rest of that brake swap under the hood.
Good luck,
Jr.

Good thing you used steel valve covers, sometimes cast valvecovers have clearance issues on the heater motor(We removed the heater assembly in our two street cars). Ig your gonna have to buy a diff booster have you considered converting to manual brakes, we have them on our 67 gt and it runs high 10s 440/auto and havent had any issues. But on that car we just converted the rear to wilwood disks(I'll do a post with pics i took during the install.) and we are now doing the rest of that brake swap under the hood.
Good luck,
Jr.

It's a simple mod to place the motor inside the airbox on the other side of the firewall.No more fitment issues!

im not usen a heater. I got different valve covers to there just not on yet, and i have no idea how to convert brakes

I'll check that out needsaresto, sounds like a good idea,maybe I'll do that to my blue duster I'm building for myself just to make it cleaner under the hood, Im still working on that car.
Thanks,
Jr.

I'll check that out needsaresto, sounds like a good idea,maybe I'll do that to my blue duster I'm building for myself just to make it cleaner under the hood, Im still working on that car.
Thanks,
Jr.

Yup no problem.Someone over at big block dart did it. They essentially just flipped the motor around so it was inside the air box housing,so no special stuff needed other than a few washers etc. I couldnt find it over there for you,as it looks like BB Dart is building a new sight right now. Theres almost nothing in the tech archives right now.

Cool, sounds easy,gotta go, garage is calling, I wish someone made a rear exit shifter for us 727 guys lol.
Jr

-
Back