Brake lights don't work. Please help!

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Hey everyone. The brake lights on my Duster don't work and I am trying to figure out why. I tried a new switch, the fuse is good, and the blinkers work fine. Any ideas of what it could be?

Thanks, Jeremy

Behind the left kickpanel where there is a connector for the tail, brake and signals (might chk that just in case)
If your rear signals work but you brakelights don't then it's got to be something that broke in the signal switch or the column connectors.

. I tried a new switch, the fuse is good,

I'm assuming you mean a new brake light switch?

Have you checked for brake light power going INTO the turn signal switch connector? If you have it there, and don't have it at the kick panel connector as above it's a bad turn signal switch

I'm assuming you mean a new brake light switch?

Have you checked for brake light power going INTO the turn signal switch connector? If you have it there, and don't have it at the kick panel connector as above it's a bad turn signal switch

Yep, thanks Del

Thanks for the info guys. I tried the plug and its good. I still don't have a voltmeter though. I guess I'll be tearing into the steering column to replace the blinker switch and see if that works.

Thanks for the info guys. I tried the plug and its good. I still don't have a voltmeter though. I guess I'll be tearing into the steering column to replace the blinker switch and see if that works.

You tried what plug and what was good?

Before tearing into your column, FYI...
Column%20Wiring.jpg

-
Back