brake lines

-

72dustervs

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am needing brake lines for my 72 duster , I converted to disk brakes on front an installed an 8 3/4 rear , if I buy a kit for a 73 duster with disk power brakes , will it work as some say there is a difference in the rear end brake line connections ?

I am needing brake lines for my 72 duster , I converted to disk brakes on front an installed an 8 3/4 rear , if I buy a kit for a 73 duster with disk power brakes , will it work as some say there is a difference in the rear end brake line connections ?
I'm gonna guess the difference is the rear hose. They all have the same hanger bracket. Again a guess. This if for the front to rear line.

Last edited:
A ‘73 kit will have lines for an 8 1/4 rear axle, which has a narrower housing than an 8 3/4. So the lines on the rear axle would be too short.

It’s also unlikely the T/axle vent is in the same place, so the length of the lines on the axle might not be split to put the T in the right spot either. Even if they wouldn’t be too short to begin with.

You’ll need to piece your “kit” together, the lines on the axle have to be for model year A-body 8 3/4 you have (vent location moved at some point), front lines will have to be for ‘73 up disk brakes and combination valve etc…

Just make your own lines. It's not hard and you can put them where you want.

IMG_8525.jpg

Just make your own lines. It's not hard and you can put them where you want.

View attachment 1715989660
Thought about that but wanted stainless and as I get older a little less on those projects lol , but think I got what I need , but will have to see how lining up a new proportional valve plays in , as its of an ebody

-
Back