brake pad replacement

-

Vali68

Reaction score
WHats the easiest way to bleed the lines on a 68 valiant with front disc brakes?

Also, same as any drum brake car, but insure that calipers are installed with the bleeders at the top.

Make sure master cylinder is full at all times during bleeding procedure.

Right Rear wheel 1st, then

Left Rear

Right Front

Left Front

Chrysler actually recommended gravity bleeding front disks.* However sometimes I find it doesn't flow so do it the normal way. For me that's push the brake pedal down, shut bleeder, rais brake pedal. I also use a hose going into a jar with brake fluid in it to reduce the chance of air backing in. Easiest with an assistant, but there are other ways to hold a brake pedal down...

*1967 Brake Bleeding Hints http://www.imperialclub.org/Repair/Lit/Master/233/page12.htm

Make sure master cylinder is full at all times during bleeding procedure.
Oops. I was bleeding the brakes in my 96 Voyager last evening, getting it ready for a son to use out of town. I pushed too far and ran the reservoir dry (I'll blame being rushed by my bored 12 yr old assistant). Not wanting to bleed the MC alone, I just refilled and continued. I was surprised to get a hard pedal again after passing just a few air bubbles. Maybe just lucky. That van even has ABS, so more places for bubbles to hide.

-
Back