Brake Pedal Returns Slow

-

dgtwo

dgtwo
Reaction score
Help I have a 1973 Plymouth Duster disk front drum rear. The brake pedal returns slow and the wheels will not lock up. New master cylinder new vacuum booster new proportioning valve. I am now at a loss as to why. This car has been on the road 14 years since restoration no problems at all till this

Last edited:
Loosen the bolt thru the pedal 1/4 turn, see if that improves the return.
Remember to secure that bolt properly .

Might be time for a caliper rebuild. Also check the rear drums for weak or broken springs.

Air in the lines?

How was it before the "New master cylinder new vacuum booster new proportioning valve"

Air in the lines?
Brakes worked perfect before all this. I had it in the shop and that guy said it needs a booster so I had him put one on. Then I got the master rebuilt cuz nothing changed then yesterday I put on poroportioning valve still no change
How was it before the "New master cylinder new vacuum booster new proportioning valve"

Checked everything and it all looks new still
Raise all 4 wheels on jack stands, start the motor (power brakes) and have a buddy spin each wheel. Hit the brakes and see if one wheel hangs up more than the others. You may have to put it in gear, then nuetral to check the rears.

Slow releasing brakes should not cause this problem because the return spring in the booster should return the pedal. Either binding pedal linkage, broken spring inside the booster or internal [ valve ] problem inside the booster.

I've read about the rubber lines collapsing internally causing restriction or even acting like a check valve.

Slow releasing brakes should not cause this problem because the return spring in the booster should return the pedal. Either binding pedal linkage, broken spring inside the booster or internal [ valve ] problem inside the booster.
I bought the booster last fall for this problem it was a rebuild can’t buy new. and got it rebuilt this spring they said they did find a broken part in it

-
Back