Brand loyalty

-
when younger i was totally brand loyal to chrysler.. as i got older and learned more about things i said screw chrysler, their **** boxes and horrible dealerships. will never buy another new chrysler/fiat or whoever else they decide to pair up with in the future.

still like my old mopes but even with them i defected some.. gotta say i really lie my 87 mustang. it brings a smile to my face every time i drive it. still like our 70 dart too but there are just too many cool cars out there by other makes to close myself into just mopar these days..

as for daily drivers. our toyotas have been great to us. light years better experiences with our yotas then any new chrysler product i have owned since 92. others may have different experiences with toyotas but for us its been great. the cars have been maintenance free, good on gas and most important the dealership has treated us with respect. something i can honestly say that no chrysler dealership has ever done for me.

so as far as brand loyalty goes. i say screw it.. not worth it.. when i spend my hard earned money i want what is going to be best for me... the last three daily cars just happened to be toyotas. last classic car (or i guess toy) happened to be a ford..

Brand loyalty? Hardly. Would never have bought the Dart if the wife did not have such an issue with putting a T-bolt hood on our old Fairlane. Dart has a 9" under the *** end, the tunnel has been massaged for a 4l80e and I very well might end up with an LS for power, kind of hard to top going to a wrecking yard and getting a running EFI motor, ecu/harness and all for $1500 or so. I want an EFI set up. Pretty much any one of the aftermarket setups is going to run you at least $1500 just for the ecu, never mind the intake.injectors etc. I am no longer made of money, just want a running driving car. Bikes, have owned several Zukis, a couple of Yamaha's, a few Honda's.....
I think that the Purists, in particular when it comes to the dinosaurs we call a hobby, tend to be pretty narrow minded. Nothing wrong with the fact that Ford or GM might make something more suitable towards whatever your goal is with your ride. To sit here and say that everything Mopar has ever made, whether it be a cylinder head, a transmission, alternator or what have you is better or more suited to what one wants to accomplish is pretty out there......in my opinion....

amen brotha.

I'm loyal to only one brand name, my brand of beer, everything else has competition. Not because it's the best beer in Canada but purely because of the name. :D

Attachments

• images bottle.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 116
  • images.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 119
If a vehicle gets me to and from places then I am loyal to it.

That is me also. I have Mopars, Fords, GMs and Hondas in our current drivers right now. I added a Mustang convertible yesterday that will most likely become my daily summer car. A lot of what I drive is affected by gas prices so right now the Honda CRV is my daily.

Yes I am a loyal Mopar Man..Do I think they make the best everything ? of course not but they did make some great hot rods and make no mistake they were the ones to beat setting the bar so to speak . people in general are loyal to very little these days not there wife's, friends, god, its A what dose it do for me me me world. my brothers and me grow up racing mopars why would I not be loayl to that? stand for nothing and fall for everything!!!

i used to be also chrysler only back in the 80s and 90s, nothing else would do. but then again the coronets, chargers, challengers, cudas, sattelites darts, dusters etc were really plentiful and cheap back then. then i got older, and broadened my horizons so to speak. i still say screw foreign cars. but do look at GM and ford too. although with the gubment takeover of GM, and the red chinese buying them out, i doubt i will ever buy another new GM product i will be content with the GMs i have now.

But seriously how could a mopar guy get excited over a dodge caliber, jeep compass, 4 door charger, chrysler ugly assed sebrings, rebadged mercedes sprinter vans, some of the ugliest looking crap coming out of chrysler when the germans ran the show. Now at least the italians are trying to fix the f##k ups. The redesigned 300 looks much better, and with limited funds they are trying to make the charger look kinda like a charger, even if the front end still has planet of mutants styling. The 4 door ugly as hell sebring is now the 200. I looked at one, its still the ugly as hell sebring, but the italians polished up that turd and made it a bit better looking so the masses will actually buy them.At least chrysler got it right with the challenger, enough so that the italians havent changed a thing with it.

as far as the foreign jobs go, i dont really like japanese or korean cars. are these well made ? yes they are, however they just dont do it for me.

(i told that to a guy i work with who is into jap cars, he was like, what do you mean they dont do it for you, and was in shock LOL)

i also feel that the new cars and trucks made by chrysler, ford, and GM are just as well made as the foreign stuff. the japanese forced the american companies to have to do this. their good products and competition gave us better american cars to buy. for this i thank them. the american made cars and trucks from late 70s and early 80s was absolute junk. the volare' / aspen rusted fender warranty program at chrysler comes to mind and cost chrysler millions of dollars when they could ill afford it, but chrysler did make good on it.

i like some of fords current offerings, i think the fusion and taurus are really nice, ditto the new mustang, wish the 5.0 TI VCT V8 was out when i bought my 07. i still really dont like the taillights on the 2010 up models.

we are looking at trading the burb (beast, beastmaster, pig, piece o crap)next year for a dodge caravan w stow n go seating. and i would love to have a new hemi dodge D1500 pickup or dodge challenger R/T classic with 5 speed. i cant justify the new pickup, because im attached to my 1994 silverado pickup. i bought it new it used to be my daily driver for 12 years, and its in good shape, and a handy tool for going to lowes or home depot when i need stuff for home projects. its not a daily driver anymore my HHR does that duty. so it wold be a waste to buy something new like this when i dont use the one i have every day anymore.

got a goodmark steel cowl induction hood for it, and some ideas for it id like to do, so as soon as i have a carport on my house in front of the garage to park it an keep it somewhat out of the weather. i will be reskinning the roof of the cab to get rid of the hail damage it got 2 years ago from soft ball sized hail, and putting the new hood on it, maybe even 2 tone it, at this point it will move to the project vehicle catagory. got lucky the doors , bed sides,fenders, windshield, and tailgate didnt get any damage, just monster sized dents in the hood, roof, and bed floor.

my collection of current vehicles is as follows

drivers and fun car

2007 mustang GT 5 speed (fun car)
2008 chevy HHR LS 5 speed (daily driver)
1994 Chevy C1500 silverado 350 5 speed (home depot transport)
1999 Chevy K1500 suburban automatic (wifes car)

project cars

1967 Plymouth Barracuda soon to be V8 4 speed
1988 Dodge daytona shelby Z 2.2 turbo ll 5 speed

parts cars

1987 chrysler lebaron turbo coupe 2.2 turbo l automatic
1987 dodge daytona shelby z 2.2 turbo ll 5 speed

yep we got a lotta cars LOL

I was raised in a chebby family if it not a chebby it is not worth driveing well i have owned GM and we have an agreement i don't like them and they don't like me. even though i just bought my grandmas 02 buick 24000 miles on it and the wife drives it. i have had a lot of Fords Mopars and Jeeps they have all treated me well.

raised in a chevy family, thought I would be getting a 1950 caddy. My dad moved over to his Excursion and will never buy another GM because of the buy out. Weirdly his work trucks were a ford van, Cadillac ambulance from 49, and a D-150 then after he quit went back to chevys, my brother's DD is a 90 bimmer, and I have the chrysler DD/project car and a chevy winter beater/DD when I don't feel like driving the cuda. And I swear to God, my sister's 99 monte carlo has the worst seats in the entire world. Even worse than my mom's 01 Z71. So, we have everything big 3 in our driveway, and no jap cars. I will be getting a either a Harley V-Rod (aka the only harley that doesn't sound like one which is the only reason I'm even considering it) or a Valkrye. I don't want a sport bike as I'd just look like another early 20s something d bag on a crotch rocket.

I have the Duster mostly because I like the design of it and its something much more unique to drive around and to cruise nights. There aren't many of them in the seas of camaros, mustangs, chevelles and the like.

The rest of the cars I have owned are GM. The 2004 Colorado I have is easily the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. 104k and has only had one O2 sensor, a window switch, a running light plug, and two parking brake cables replaced outside of normal maintenance. Even the brakes lasted 96k miles. I have a '12 Cruze as a daily driver which is a super nice car and easily averages 34+ mpg over 17k miles.

Short of the 95 Blazer I had, all my GM stuff has been super reliable....basically change the oil and drive.

I also like Toro lawn equipment and Panasonic TVs

Mopar only. I have owned a chevy and a ford and once owned a vw bug, but I will only ever own mopars going forward. I wont even drive a foreign car. On a business trip i had a rental car company give me a foreign car even though i told them I wont drive one so i went next door to the other rental joint.

Brand loyal to a point but that mostly centers around old school muscle. I can appreciate many rides but Mopar has that appeal.

But as far as new stuff goes..it is pretty bland and boring. If you want performance, it costs way to much. The only "newer" rides that really do it for me say Cummins on them. Dad has a 24v truck from '01. The mileage and power are crazy. The same truck from that year with a gas burner does a whopping 13mpg. The Cummins does 19 on a bad day. Will average 22 on a trip. The power between the two isn't even comparable...

To say Mopar or NO car sounds a bit silly, but that is the case here. I drive a 2007 Ram 1500 for my daily. I have a 75 Power wagon, a 78 Trail Duster, a 67 Dart GT, a 74 Duster, a 71 Duster, and the crown jewel.....The 70 Charger!

Mopar or no Car for the weekend toys but Toyotas for the daily driver chores. Just much better built and more reliable cars than any of the supposed "American" Car company's of today

Brand Loyalty is the perfect excuse for missing out on a plethora of great cars from all manufacturers. Each brand has it's standouts.

Favorite Dodge? Plymouth, Chrysler, De Soto? There is hardly a MoPar that I wouldn't enjoy owning, save for the "F" bodies, possibly, and most of the fwd stuff.

That said, How about Chevy, Caddy, Olds. Pontiac, Buick, Ford Mercury, Lincoln, how about Hudson, Studebaker, packard? To flatly say that you can't find anything in these other brands over the years that catches you eye, or that you wouldn't mind owning is pretty sad.

The 57 Corvette, 59 Caddy coupe de Ville Hardtop, 87 Buick GNX, 57 Ford Fairlane 500, 63 Ford Galaxy 500, 1949 Merc coupe, or a 1960 Merc Monteray convertible, 1951 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Sport Coupe, A 32 Ford Vicky, or a an even more rare 1932 Nash "Advanced Eight" Victoria Coupe, 64 Pontiac Bonneville convertible, or a first year 64 389 tri-power GTO?
I can go on and on there are literally thousands of cars out side of the Mopar family that are exceptionally coll. "MoPar or No Car" is a catchy phrase but a sad commentary to "car guys, and really isn't a "badge of honor", in my opinion. It's a sign of a closed mind, just the same as Chevy guys and Ford guys talking smack about MoPars.
every manufacturer has made it mark with some excellent cars, and with some real POS cars. Every one of them. Highlighting the crap from other brands while ignoring the crap that MoPar has produced is pretty hypocritical, too.

I realize that this post won't win me any friends, but then again, I'm a Car guy first. A car guy who prefers MoPar, but also realized and recognizes the achievements of each manufacturer from AMC to to Woodill.

Don't take my remarks personally, realize that these are my opinion as a car buff, collector, enthusiast, builder, hobbyist, racer, and buyer/owner for 55 years, and I don't require or even expect people to agree with me.

I don't know if I would call it "loyalty" but I'm REALLY into old Mopars. The Mopar Muscle heritage is tops! I like A B C E bodies and some F bodies. I like the older vans and trucks. Some of Mopars newer offerings are cool. When I say newer, I mean 1980 - present. Other than a 1998 Neon I drove as a DD, I haven't owned any other "newer" Mopars. The Neon was really reliable and I miss that car.
For my daily beast, I really don't care what I drive as long as it's reliable.
Currently, I am driving an '06 Ford Fusion - great car for DD.
When it comes to the classics (pre-1980) I can appreciate other makes and models and can dig lots of older stuff. I really like the old Ford Fairlane and Torinos, Mustangs are cool, but way too common. Just because Mopars are by far my favorites, I don't think other brands are all "junk".

Brand Loyalty is the perfect excuse for missing out on a plethora of great cars from all manufacturers. Each brand has it's standouts.

Favorite Dodge? Plymouth, Chrysler, De Soto? There is hardly a MoPar that I wouldn't enjoy owning, save for the "F" bodies, possibly, and most of the fwd stuff.

That said, How about Chevy, Caddy, Olds. Pontiac, Buick, Ford Mercury, Lincoln, how about Hudson, Studebaker, packard? To flatly say that you can't find anything in these other brands over the years that catches you eye, or that you wouldn't mind owning is pretty sad.

The 57 Corvette, 59 Caddy coupe de Ville Hardtop, 87 Buick GNX, 57 Ford Fairlane 500, 63 Ford Galaxy 500, 1949 Merc coupe, or a 1960 Merc Monteray convertible, 1951 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Sport Coupe, A 32 Ford Vicky, or a an even more rare 1932 Nash "Advanced Eight" Victoria Coupe, 64 Pontiac Bonneville convertible, or a first year 64 389 tri-power GTO?
I can go on and on there are literally thousands of cars out side of the Mopar family that are exceptionally coll. "MoPar or No Car" is a catchy phrase but a sad commentary to "car guys, and really isn't a "badge of honor", in my opinion. It's a sign of a closed mind, just the same as Chevy guys and Ford guys talking smack about MoPars.
every manufacturer has made it mark with some excellent cars, and with some real POS cars. Every one of them. Highlighting the crap from other brands while ignoring the crap that MoPar has produced is pretty hypocritical, too.

I realize that this post won't win me any friends, but then again, I'm a Car guy first. A car guy who prefers MoPar, but also realized and recognizes the achievements of each manufacturer from AMC to to Woodill.

Don't take my remarks personally, realize that these are my opinion as a car buff, collector, enthusiast, builder, hobbyist, racer, and buyer/owner for 55 years, and I don't require or even expect people to agree with me.

That pretty well sums it up for me too.
Great post, Frankie.
You saved me a lot of typing!

...just too many nice cars out there.
DZ and Boss 302,Deuce hi boy,'33 Coupe,'55 -57 chev,Porsche Carrera....

-
Back