"Brand X" in the Wild

-

Slantsick

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Just some snapshots of Fords, GMs, etc. taken here in southwestern Maine over the past 8 years or so.

'67 Firebird
67firebird.jpg

'64 Olds
64olds.jpg

'60 Olds 88
60olds88.jpg

'41 Olds
41oldsmobile.jpg

'40 Suburban- and yes, that's a Valiant ('66) beside it.. it was a rotten mess with a slant that looked like it'd been underwater, and seats that looked like a weasel nest.
40chevysuburban.jpg

'68 Cutlass
68cutlass.jpg

'67 Mustang
67mustang.jpg

'64 Falcon + first-gen Bronco = awesome!
icon12.gif

64falcon4x4.jpg

'58 Ford logging rig
58fordlogger.jpg

'55 Ford Country Sedan
55fordwagonjunk.jpg

What a shame......just knowing that most of those will probably never be brought back. I like that ranch wagon!

Here's some more..

'41 Buick Eight
41buick.jpg

'55 "El Camino"- neat rig!
55elcamino.jpg

'70 LeSabre
70buick.jpg

'58 Bel Air
58belair.jpg

'71-'73 Riviera
riviera-sumac.jpg

Think he's into Fairlanes? He has about 20 at any one time, plus various Mustangs, Falcons, Cougars, etc. His daily driver is a '67 Fairlane wagon w/ 289 & 4-spd.
MVC-013F.jpg

MVC-016F.jpg

'80 (?) Pacer DL wagon
MVC-015F.jpg

'49 Olds
49oldsLIM.jpg

'58 International
58IHpickup.jpg

'60 F100
60fordF100.jpg

'81 Fairmont Durango
80fairmontdurango.jpg

'69 Riviera- for sale for 4 grand.. but I saw it at the junkyard a few months later.
69rivieraLIM2.jpg

57fordfiretruckCIA2.jpg

Yet more proof that the guys at the boneyard are boneheads- couple months earlier, this '57 Ford hosetruck was intact:
57fordfiretruck.jpg

'68 Olds F85
68oldsF85CIA2.jpg

Wow, back in the early 70's both my brothers had 1966 Fairlane GT'S, one was a GTA (automatic) & the othet just a GT (4-speed). They were pretty cool cars! A few of those looked sweet!

Falcon Club Wagon
61falconclubwagonCIA.jpg

'70s Opel- built by Isuzu, badged as an Opel, sold on Buick lots.
70sopelCIA.jpg

'54 Kaiser
54kaiserCIA.jpg

'52 Kaiser
52kaiserCIA2.jpg

Nice Valiant!
icon12.gif
'63 Studebaker Lark
63LARK.jpg

'53 Buick
53buickCIA.jpg

'55 Pontiac
55pontiacCIA.jpg

'52 Ford Mainline-chero :cheers:
52fordCIA.jpg

'72 F100
72fordpickupCIA.jpg

'61 Chevy
61chevypickupPAR.jpg

And a '62
62suburbanplow.jpg

'71 Ford plowrig- one of my favorite photo subjects ever.
71fordplowrig2.jpg

71fordplowrig6.jpg

'41 Merc
41mercuryarmy7.jpg

Model A mailtruck
1modelAtruck.jpg

'32 (?) Ford
32fordrod.jpg

32fordrod4.jpg

32fordrod5.jpg

'50 Chevy
50chevy.jpg

'62 T-bird
62thunderbird2.jpg

62thunderbird4.jpg

ohh those poor rivieras! my very first car was a 69 riv and my stepdad had a 73..both were very beautiful cars

cool pics,
I had a 67 Mustang,,and almost bought a 67 fairlane gt 390 4speed,,would have been a fun car,but I was young and financially challenged

Great way to start. :cheers: Don't think I've ever actually seen a '58 Buick in the flesh.. and is that silver roadster a Ferrari?

Can't say I like the looks of that '56 Buick in the clutches of the forkloader- I'm guessing that junkyard is about to do something stupid. I still see useable / saleable parts there.

Yes that's a Ferrari, a rare and valuable beast for sure. Thanks.

Okay. I will add one along with a story. I know this car well and have literally known it my whole life. This is my uncles car that has sit in different sheds since the mid-late 80's. It is an orig 67 390 4spd Mustang GT. Of course the 390 was blown up back in the day and has been replaced with a 428 SCJ with duel 4's. Every year or two, he pulls it out and takes it around the block. Thats about it though. The car is scary fast and really doesn't need much work. The 1/4's are nice, the floors are nice and all the sheet metal is solid. It needs a hood, grille, and bumper due to my aunt knocking it in to Neutral when she was young and it rolled into a tree. Whoops! :) Sitting next to it is a corvette that he got for like $3500. The engine in it has Dart heads, is balanced and blue printed. The guy he bought it from was a friend of my Uncles back in the day and built that car to try and keep up with the stang. lol. Not going to happen. Anyway, enjoy the pics.
100_1159.jpg

100_1160.jpg

100_1162.jpg

100_1164.jpg

100_1166.jpg

By the way, my family are all Ferd fans. Poor guys. lol

I got nothing against Fords.. heck, I even drive one.

Hope your uncle's shed is good and rugged. This winter was nothing here, but last winter was a doozy, and one of our summah complaints -I mean, "seasonal residents"- came up to his camp to find this:

71LTDcrushed.jpg

71LTDcrushed2.jpg

71LTDcrushed3.jpg

That's a '72 LTD convertible- one of 4234.

'64-'66 Chevy pickup carcass
64chevytruckCIA.jpg

'64 Impala, with the Angel of Death- I mean, the forkloader -lurking in the background.
64chevyCIA.jpg

'70 (I think) Cutlass Supreme- this one, I suspect, will be saved. Cool car (but no Vista Cruiser 8)).
70cutlassCIA.jpg

I'd love to see more pics of that.. the first car I ever fell in love with (other than Christine and the General Lee) was a forlorn old '58 Merc sedan in a neighbor's side yard- had a weakness for '57-'58 Mercs ever since.

I'd love to see more pics of that.. the first car I ever fell in love with (other than Christine and the General Lee) was a forlorn old '58 Merc sedan in a neighbor's side yard- had a weakness for '57-'58 Mercs ever since.
I'll try to get out that way around the end of the week if I can.

Here's some Cadillac's and a Grand Prix my Wife and I spotted today at a local wrecking yard. About 5 minutes after I took the pic's the yard loader ran over the left rear corner of the white Caddy in the first pic. These cars are all pretty ruff it's a shame people let them go so bad, especially the second Caddy in the row as it was the factory Lavender paint still on it. I thought I would share these pic with everybody. I'm not a Cadillac person just have a soft spot for all old cars.

HPIM5439.jpg

HPIM5440.jpg

HPIM5441.jpg

I'll try to get out that way around the end of the week if I can.

That'd be cool. Had a crush on the guy's daughter, too- might have something to do with my Merc fascination.
icon11.gif

Dodgefreak- I'm not a Caddy fan either, really.. but I love those '58s. Thanks for the pics.

Next time I go in town, hopefully I'll come back with pics of a '76 Ford Elite..
icon10.gif
saw a sweet Royal Monaco today too.

Sorry slant, I went by there today and all that was out there was this Oldsmobile. They may have moved it inside. I did, however, find some shots of a '57 pace car that was in a local museum, and a go kart type Merc that was at the Kruse Auburn swap meet several years ago. You might like to see these.

100_6272.jpg

100_5044.jpg

100_5045.jpg

100_5046.jpg

Aug30461.jpg

-
Back