Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
a friend aske for a new shot ot the carb problem

Attachments

• Resize of DSC05912.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 853
  • Resize of DSC05913.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 840
Hi thanks a lot :D

I'm thinking use a plate to match intake to the carb.. I'll keep posting photos..

Congratulations on your promotion , Alex ! :cheers::cheers::cheers: !!!

On your carb gasket : it almost looks like it s a fuel bowl-to-throttle body gasket ... but , then again , what do I know ?

just have to paint it

I putted a new rear and front seal..

remove old seal was the hardest work...

Pictures are self explained.. any question, feel free to contact me!

Attachments

• Resize of DSC05927.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,214
  • Resize of DSC05924.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 810
  • Resize of DSC05923.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 809
  • Resize of DSC05922.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 813
  • Resize of DSC05920.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 807
  • Resize of DSC05918.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 812
  • Resize of DSC05917.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 825
  • Resize of DSC05916.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 810
in the middles of 2008 I bought my first A body... and dart sedan

I built an Mp3 player fot it.. never used :D because I got original k7 player

but mp3 is fun.. I used an old k7 player (it was damage I think)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkYJ3mOds0g"]YouTube - old stereo k7 player mod to mp3[/ame]

the carb looks like it sits off to the one side a little more then the other,,,like maybe the mounting holes on the intake are drilled of center ?????

i can see you have the proper spread bore intake,,they do make a spacer/adapter about 1/2 inch thick,,to use on intakes that are not spread bore design, with a spread bore carb like yours,, but i dont know if the spacer/adapter is wide enough to cover the part of your carb that is not sitting on a solid surface,,

A member of brazilian dodge dart list said that I have to put a thin plate (about 1/4"). He wiil look for me and give me one..

I hope this works :D

I will also buy a piece of phenolite to try to build an adaptor plate by myself

the carb looks like it sits off to the one side a little more then the other,,,like maybe the mounting holes on the intake are drilled of center ?????

i can see you have the proper spread bore intake,,they do make a spacer/adapter about 1/2 inch thick,,to use on intakes that are not spread bore design, with a spread bore carb like yours,, but i dont know if the spacer/adapter is wide enough to cover the part of your carb that is not sitting on a solid surface,,

images are better than words (in this case)

Attachments

• Resize of DSC05997.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 769
  • Resize of DSC05996.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 755
  • Resize of DSC05995.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 973
  • Resize of DSC05988.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 865
  • Resize of DSC05969.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 878
looking good,, bet it would be a nice wheel stander with that rear engine in the first pic

It is the second time I use my dad´s car to bring 318 engine home.. it is a GM Kadett (Opel Kadett). It has a 1.8 engine.. it is a good and strong car. but I have to lay down rear seats to engine fits de trunk.

I use the wheel stander to move engine all around.. note that I let K-member up it, and I attached engine to the k-member. than I pushed engined to the engine bay.. (me and a friend lift the car body, while my neighbor pushed the wheel stander)

by the way, I bought the wheel stnader in a junkyard.. less than 20$

looking good,, bet it would be a nice wheel stander with that rear engine in the first pic

I dicided to make a carb plate and solve my spreadbore bore problem

I bought a pice of wood (phenolite)

Resize%20of%20DSC06003.JPG

Resize%20of%20DSC06011.JPG

Then, I draw the gasket holes into the plate

Resize%20of%20DSC06012.JPG

Resize%20of%20DSC06022.JPG

Marked circle centers

Resize%20of%20DSC06028.JPG

Finally, I made some holes using circle saw and wood bits

Resize%20of%20DSC06035.JPG

Resize%20of%20DSC06038.JPG

I´ve been working a lot to prepare my car to move to another city..

I did not finished body work but I have to put wheels to make easier. I'm desperated! Time isn´t on my side :D

some pictures of my work yesterday
Resize%20of%20DSC06041.JPG

Resize%20of%20DSC06047.JPG

Resize%20of%20DSC06048.JPG

By the end of the day, rainned a lot... it made my work hard.. Had to stop for a long time

Resize%20of%20DSC06050.JPG

A big mess.. Had to put all tools and part together to protect from water

Resize%20of%20DSC06051.JPG

Finally car is on four!!!

Resize%20of%20DSC06053.JPG

Resize%20of%20DSC06055.JPG

Resize%20of%20DSC06056.JPG

the final carb plate.. I sanded it to make it smooth

Now I will make a custom gasket

Attachments

• Resize of DSC06122.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 691
Had some problem with water pump

alternador also did not work.. I'm backing to the original with outside voltage regulator

Attachments

• Resize of DSC06156.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 630
how did u test the alternator ?? and whats with the water pump ??? looks a lot different then the water pumps in the U,S.

the problema with the alternator is the format.. the bar to make belt tide does not fit well.

them I will use the original with external regulator. More wires but will work!

the water pump has one little difference.. the side where water goes.

I hade to ajust because pulley wasn't aligned. Them, I think it bended the pulley "holder" as show in attached photo

sorry my terrible english. Today I did not any grammar/spell check

how did u test the alternator ?? and whats with the water pump ??? looks a lot different then the water pumps in the U,S.

Attachments

• notOriginal.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 615
dont worry about your english ,your doing fine, not a problem figureing out what your saying,,i wouldnt do half as well if i tried your language,,,,

as for the alternator,looks like an american GM unit??? WILL REQUIRE DIFFERENT wiring,at least compared to an american wiring, you could always make a bracket off of the K frame or the car frame rails and use a turn buckel, like a lot of the street rodders do,,,

the water pump i cant tell whats wrong in your pic,,and it looks a lot different then an american pump,, cant wait till you fire it up

Carb and original alternator are resting in engine bay :D

I didn't like original alternator because we have to use an external voltagem regulator.. more wires.. more parts in engine bay.. more "visual pollution"

Resize%20of%20DSC06207.JPG

another shot

Resize%20of%20DSC06203.JPG

I also build some starter engine cables.. 10mm diameter the positive and 13mm the negative cabe

Resize%20of%20DSC06189.JPG

I've made a video showing problem with water pum.. I will upload it to youtube

note that when I put the screwdriver at the axel, it does not move.. but the pulley bases is not ok... I will try to fix it tomorrow (just don't know how yet)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1kx0cWpWew"]YouTube - water pump[/ame]

today I removed the water pump because it was twisting the pulley.. Maybe the water pump axe is damage.

I also used a little help from my friends to install doors... Now car is almost prepared to the "big moving".. just a few weeks to a new life and city!!

Attachments

• Resize of DSC06303.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 849
  • Resize of DSC06300.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 834
  • Resize of DSC06287.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 844
last saturday my friends and me worked together

I was (and still) so happy with result that I jumped and danced with the engine sound

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDXn7sd5VEk"]YouTube - We got Fired!! Mopar 318 engine first run[/ame]

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

We're testing engine without gas pump and also without water pump.. thus, each test was just for a some minuts.. 3 minutes I think...

as the engine was without gas pump, we did not get carb working at iddle speed

tomorrou I will install gas pump. Thanks to JP the gift 8)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAvTFQz4Rqw"]YouTube - Onde há fumacinha, há fogo![/ame]

-
Back