Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
I'll have to install subframe connectors... Later I'll show why (a crack on paint)

subframe I'm making is simple. The only problem I'll have: weld upside down.

IMG_5526.JPG

IMG_5533.JPG

You could tack them in place then once you get the car running take it to a shop with a lift and finish welding it. Worked for me.

A lot of people say you should have the car on the ground/drive on lift with the suspension loaded before you install them. I agree with that logic. Don't know if that was your intent or not so I thought I would toss that out there.

As always keep up the good work.
:happy1:

LOL....yea you should be able to get a few dead hookers in that trunk.

Time for rice cakes and kale salads buddy. Maybe a colonic cleansing. :pottytra:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8m_bULIWsw"]Dead Hooker in the Trunk - YouTube[/ame]

Looking good Alex! Today I picked up new sheetmetal for my 70 Dart Swinger. Soon I will restart my project on my car!!

I saw your fabo thread. Here in Brazil we do not have sheet metal repro. Some guys are importing these parts from USA.

Looking good Alex! Today I picked up new sheetmetal for my 70 Dart Swinger. Soon I will restart my project on my car!!

I saw your fabo thread. Here in Brazil we do not have sheet metal repro. Some guys are importing these parts from USA.

Expensive yes? I spent $790 CDN for 1 lft hand Sherman 1/4 panel,and 2 AMD outer wheel houses. Then roughly $65 in tax at the border to bring it across,and $15 in handling fees for the parcel/post office handling fee. They claimed that the "1/4 panel was really heavy,and we had to use the forklift"..LOL!!!!!!! The panel itself weighed 14 lb's and while it was in a cardboard box that was 3 ft longer than the panel,and stuffed with packing paper,only a mouse would need a forklift.

For using the forklift I was charged an extra $5.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I wasn't so busy laughing about it,I might ask if they need my help running that place.

But at least there was no damage,and all pieces were like new.

It sounds to me like there is an opportunity for you to become an importer of Mopar metal. I know of one fellow in a town about 1 hour away who is doing this.

to import things to Brazil...
we pay (at least)

we pay a very expensive carrier (even usps is expensive)
we pay 6% on credit card international transactions
we pay 60% on federal taxes
18% on local taxes...

that's why Brazil sucks sometimes.

sometimes, packages declared as gift are not taxed.

Wow it seems Canada is not the only place with an opressive tax burden. I saw a news article which claimed the average Canadian worker is basically working until August :wack:for the Government (paying taxes) over the course of a year. And I really digress from your thread!

My apologies. Lets talk MOPAR!

sad but I had to sell my other dodge.

Less is more... and in this case, I could no support 2 "old" cars under restoration

IMG_5653.JPG

-
Back