Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
momoparman, do you have any foam photo you've installed on your seats?

yes....the springs stay to support the foam and your errrrr weight. Issues? :D

I mean you barely fit in your trunk! :cheers:

All kidding aside springs are good and needed.

previous road was so far easy than the actual "rusty road to hell"

Before I shift project to the actual dart SE, I sold the 76 dart (in pieces), including seats.

I have 2 options.. wait... and stress with seats. I think I will wait. I have a pair of seats with a friend in another city. I don't know if they are rusty, dirty, stinking and so on.

So I was looking at those crusty frames and my feeble memory sprung into action...seems like we've been down this road before....

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=761514&postcount=38

What happened to these frames?

Sorry Alex.

I lost the interior work picture files that showed all that hard work. :banghead:

I do remember that they were not that difficult to install. I did one at a time so I had reference to the way it was done throughout the process. I know your past that but I'm sure you can figure it out with some help from us. You will need a set of hog ring pliers and some hog rings. Hopefully you kept the wavy tension wires (listing wires) that came out of your old seats. If not you can make some with coat hangers or steel rod.

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/interior-electrical/mopp-9904-how-to-install-front-and-rear-seats/

This article is for a newer mopar but the seats are nearly the same and the process is identical.

Alex;If you need new foam (old stuff stinks or rotten) Simply go to an uphoslterer and get high density foam. Carve into shape using wifes electric carving knife....:twisted:

That's exactly what I'm thinking to do. I want look some photos to not make things wrong.
I also kept old foam as model.

Alex;If you need new foam (old stuff stinks or rotten) Simply go to an uphoslterer and get high density foam. Carve into shape using wifes electric carving knife....:twisted:

today I welded a few wires...

IMG_5671%2Bcopy.JPG

I have to check my "to-do list"... I plugged voltage regulator (not original, but will work fine)

IMG_5842.JPG

temperature sensor wired

IMG_5844.JPG

I did this connector wrong before... I didn't notice that both wires should be connected. Now I fixed.

IMG_5845.JPG

I didn't notice this wire before (dirty orange with white stripe)... dammmit.. It would be easily fixed if all wires were not in their place..

IMG_4958.JPG

Ok... fixed !

IMG_5838.JPG

looking beautiful!

IMG_5849.JPG

Checklist to put fire on engine... better later than sorry

[x] tie fan nuts
[ ] wire alternator
[ ] fill radiator with water
[ ] put resistive wire on ignition coil
[ ] put some beers on refrigerator
[ ] tie carb. nuts (I think I will have a leak on its basis gasket)
[ ] battery connector (positive cable)
[ ] cut negative cable in half.
[ ] ground cable on engine/firewall
[ ] put some MORE beers on refrigerator
[ ] install spark plug wires

You forgot a few important things.

[ ] Gasoline or petrol
[ ] More beer
[ ] Crowd of buddies for support and to hoot and holler once it fires up.
[ ] More beer for celebration.

I will have to wait a few days before install passenger window frame.
Note that it is black

IMG_5817.JPG

well... didn't think yet what to do next.

1rst option.. weld old piece in a sheet metal. screw sheet metal on holes I did.

2nd option... forgot old piece. Bend a sheet metal in a Z like shape. screw it.

IMG_5872.JPG

Fugly works for anything....even here when its freezing cold.....some times you had to cuddle up to fugly just to keep warm. Ahh the bachelor days. Just sayin....

Glad I'm married now. :D

Think it will work (despite ugly weld)

IMG_5890.JPG

just fitting test... did not like screws I used.

IMG_5900.JPG

Guys cant be fugly....only women and poorly built machinery/parts. Guys are like fine wine....only get better with age! :D

Looks tight...are you sure the window will fit with the cat whiskers in there? As far as looks go, it's good enough for what the intended use is if it works.

Can you use some counter sunk screw heads (flat) instead of those interior screws?

How about a couple of spot welds? If you are careful and tape off more of the outer door skin and surrounding areas you could probably pull it off.

Sucks to find that problem out now that the paint is on but there is always a way around...si?

last picture I was just testing.. I'll use a counter sunk screw head. Today I painted this part. I think tomorrow I will be able do install it definitely.

I'm avoiding weld. I do not have a sport welder. Place is hard to work. If I use a stick welder (the one I have at home), I think It will burn painting.

today a few parts arrove home.
Now I have 3 more seats to work on. Cut and past... weld.. paint.. and upholstery.

image3.JPG

Nice selection....you should have no problems making something decent out of it! :cheers:

When are we gonna hear that motor fire up?

-
Back