Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
Hope is stops as well.

You may have to re-torque them once you get them pumped up since you have new flares. Sometime they don't seat well at first. Looking good as usual though. Very soon you will have a permanent smile on your face

almost Friday... more 30 hours to play with my car once more.

I lifted car on lunch time. Today I have class by night, but I think I'll be able to get a free 1 hour to check wiring. I'm stuck on cluster wiring. I've identified some lights, some wires.. but I still have to find gas sending unit wire, oil pressure, temperature, etc.

a friend's super car

DSC09565.JPG

Is that the factory fuse block?

Yes... factory.
We have a different wiring stuff from US models.
more precisely, from 69 to 71 Brazilian models, wiring and electrical stuff are almost the same from US 68 model. I think 1969 models were only assembled here (parts from US).
But from 73 to 1980, chrysler produced a-bodies with a lot of Brazilian "home made" stuff. For example, front grill.

It looks a lot easier to work on than the US "under the dash" fuse box.

Don't recall any US models having that.

I still say I'll trade you a US 73 Duster for a BR 73 Charger R/T.....

It would be easier to you buy BR charger parts and transform a 68 a-body.

as far as I remember...

front grill
headlights supports (a metal plate welded on fenders)
c-column inserts
hood inserts (similar to a 68 gt model)
panel (clusters)

at this moment, 1$ = R$3,3 (which means, a good moment to buy Brazilian stuff)
unfortunately, car parts here are expensive. For example, a front grill costs about R$2,000.00
(~ $600.00)

well, let me give my impressions about rebuilding quarter window things.
Not even close the hard work people use to say about it.
spend no more than 1 hour to install both sides.

A trick... I installed things without window glass. My car is without window felts and probably I would scratch glasses while installing.

Just have to regulate everything now (which may demand some time).

IMG_6033.JPG

I'll try to install clusters panel until Friday.
a few photos

POmCYNDCV_8CZ7g3z_DXDoR9UYxC9qevu7ss6HHeooo=w763-h572-no

DSC09642.JPG

DSC09656.JPG

My dart model did not came with tachometer. I've new wiring to install it.

IMG_6045.JPG

IMG_6046.JPG

That is a very cool dash pod. I certainly would not complain if it were factory in my 1970 Dodge Dart! Especially like the fact it is in kph,which we use in Canada.

voltage regulator malfunctioning... no problem.. I've rebuilt it using modern and chep electronics parts...

IMG_6054.JPG

used the same shield...

IMG_6066.JPG

nice result

IMG_6068.JPG

I'm rebuilding front brake calipers... I bought a new pistons/o-rings kits. Ok, rebuild kit in hands... let's open calipers.
Dam't... I one caliper bore, I found this corrosion mark... Don't know if it means problem :(

DSC09694.JPG

If the piston is smooth and free of marks and your groove is clean and free of burrs then you should be OK. The piston seals against the square edged ring that installs in the groove.

When are we going for a cruise? :D

Looking good Alex.

If the piston is smooth and free of marks and your groove is clean and free of burrs then you should be OK. The piston seals against the square edged ring that installs in the groove.

When are we going for a cruise? :D

Looking good Alex.

Pistons are new... tomorrow brakes will be in place :D

Don't know when I'll ride a few kilometers... but I can't wait for this day :D

which brake fluid should I use? Dot 3; 4; 5 or 5.1

I've heard that dot 5 does not f* car paint... attractive, specially if (IF) any leak occurs.

-
Back