Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
today I woke up earlier... started installing everything again

I think result is ok.

IMG_6708.JPG

IMG_6709.JPG

IMG_6706.JPG

Are those grilles and headlight bezels hard to get?

grill is easy to find. But usually requires some restoration. About 200$

Hood trims I think is just the same US model. don't know the price.

J like trims are hard to find. But a friend reproduced them using solid aluminum cast.
(about 100$ pair)

headlight bezel is not rare. About 100$.

As you noted, parts in Brazil are expensive :(

Yea that's looking good Alex. Sometimes you have to "sleep on it" so you have a fresh mind.

Hows are the seats coming along?

[Q

As you noted, parts in Brazil are expensive :([/QUOTE]

It's the same everywhere.Sad considering these cars were produced in huge amounts,and not hand built.

Yea that's looking good Alex. Sometimes you have to "sleep on it" so you have a fresh mind.

Hows are the seats coming along?

Hi

I've paused sittings repairs. A friend will take cover material to a shop where they do ultra violet printing. I'll try print plaid pattern to reproduce stock seat cover.

I still have to weld some metal pieces to put seat frames in order. I bought a cheap mig welder... next month I'll buy gas and mig wires.

Alex,

I am extremely impressed with your metal working skills. I make some of what i need too, but here in the states its a bit easier to find stuff. At that point i say is it worth the time to fix it or replace it parts wise ??

Your dart is turning out awesome. I hope my barracuda will turn out half as nice when its finished.

Chrysler Do Brazil !!!

By the way, i work on Embraer 145 regional jets for a living. We get our first new EMB 175 into our facility today for conformity for the airline. I cant wait to see it. I am trying to network to get down to Sao Paulo for a factory tour soon. How far from there are you located?

Matt

Alex,

By the way, i work on Embraer 145 regional jets for a living. We get our first new EMB 175 into our facility today for conformity for the airline. I cant wait to see it. I am trying to network to get down to Sao Paulo for a factory tour soon. How far from there are you located?

Matt

Hi Matt, thanks for your message

I'm about 600km from Sao Paulo... and about 350km from Sao Jose dos Campos, where are the Embraer facilities.

I have plenty of mopar friends in Sao Paulo. They have a weekly mopar meeting there.

Nice fab work as usual Alex. Is January too soon?:D

Hi

In have a lot (really a lot) of work to do until December 20.
Don't know if I already told, but I'm a university professor (computer science researcher). I have 2 or 3 conferences deadline until this date. Have to write about 7 papers with my students.

Well.. after that, I just have to make a few welds on dodge :)

Hi Alex,

Embraer is located in both places with Sao Paulo i believe being the main manufacturing facility for the Embraer Regional Jet. I am not sure if Embraer is still making the ERJ 145 for commercial use anymore or as just as the Embraer Legacy private business jet. And if so that aircrafts manufacture may have been moved to Sao Jose dos Campos

The new 170, 175, 190 series Regional Jet might possibly be being built in Sao Paulo. Not sure which. I have not been there yet.

The department i run does structural repair on secondary aircraft structures. Engine cowlings, thrust reversers, inlets, wing leading edges, sometimes door assemblies and flight control asemblies.

I wont be seeing this stuff in my department for a few years as we recieved our first new 175 yesterday. I am trying to engineer a way down there to get a factory tour and see the aircraft being assembled to get an idea what we might be dealing with in my department a few years from now.

Glad to here theres a lot of mopar guys in Sao Paulo. If i can get down there for business id love to check out all the Brazilian darts and chargers.

Matt

Just let a message telling me when you're coming. Put you in contact with guys here (and also try to travel do SP - sao paulo)

to much work these weeks. Hope to get back soon.
yesterday, I installed wire on my mig machine.

Just have to buy gas (and bottle) to start welding

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cKx8yn0EiVc"]Supermig 180 lee tool - YouTube[/ame]

You will love having that MIG welder.

I have been using mine all week making some Christmas presents for my wife.

Using scrap sheet metal, some rebar and old headlight buckets I am making her some daisy flower wind mills.

I got bored waiting for more pictures of your progress Alex, so I started fabricating again.

So were looking towards a February start now? :D

post some photos.
I think I'll be able to work on dodge during Christmas vacation (I'll have about 10 days free).
I'll make a to-do list later.

I am curious if that machine is rated for aluminum as well? It usually requires reversing polarity if it is along with argon or a mixed gas.

According to the machine specification, its rated to weld aluminum and stainless steel.
Of course, I must trade gas to pure argon and use a torch with teflon liner. I can only buy the teflon liner and install in my torch.
I don't know if I need to change polarity, but its quiet easy to do so.

Right now, I'm waiting for mixed gas delivery. I bought this morning and seller said he would deliver by 13pm (about 4 hours ago). No one pays attention to time in Brazil :(

I welded the metal I'll use on side of the seat back. Still learning mig welding process.

PChjtEDz25StKACz7QgMed18uARQCo5koypbawoTVca6yZ7tROhKejWQ-FKK0hVEjfRGdo3lIezXzKZHXNk_Coufe7ZJRO52uMO_QlamWLQJRFNvH24rzW85IVEXhLxi6VZ0Oto_G_Da-yKEsk5HVw-ZLFSKj5SvgCQ4eCeskg-J_VMsaUnn_i6znG06SVtn7Zz4u_3ARduEL_y7bbXz5QDABv6ZpISymTohieYDIQKn5ovd7Yzg9V-QDgGNa9ch8W1c2bGmJZxxpMmoSMb0Rx0d_KnMkBlcmZMLgy-2ayQiEotq_oWJZBOA_DpGb9YJmldsfqkkxHv2fSFkVSlCrAC7qgpT8PfYxLqLMN_TN2O76c-s3jrU1xaoNxDuCfJvfrAbQF1PcL80qeUwppjmBOmEj0gCF_-tSrNM9pe2fBrXs8cOlQVK7lMoqG0ikGoFESI_xIrgadiEYExGPhvbuimx0ll1YOhn6oNUB9NIeJITFiQgGXfaS9zt3MGUazY7SituPHDAapH6qWsWOO5DsyYgIwozbCfYZ6gzeCFOeYVZ=w1177-h662-no

Sometimes if the heat adjustment doesn't have a setting you like you can speed up (acts colder) or slow down (acts hotter) the wire to get where you need to be. Also you can back off the gas flow a little if it acts cold and it may flow a little better.

a friend told I was moving torch too slow. I think he said that due to each weld width.

Today I grind everything. Tomorrow I'll make some cuts, drill a hole.

-
Back