Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
today I made a fitting test on subframes. I think I will only weld it (and not use bolts).

DSC00159.JPG

DSC00157.JPG

DSC00171.JPG

You may want to trim the sides slightly so you can get the end to contact the bottom of the existing frame rail, then run one more bead across the short end of it.

Looking good.

Agreed,the tighter the fit the better. In your case,you probably don't need a super strong car and are just looking to prevent the flex in the middle that comes with a subframe chassis. The best subframe connectors always weld to the floor pan and the frames for added strength.That being said,I would still ensure a tight fit to the sub frames...

Hi guys,

seats fabric are acccording to my car model/year. On 72-73, brazilian dart SE used to have white plaid.
on 74-75.. they were colored, according to car collor.

propaganda_dart_se_1974_02.jpg

I will fit better subframe. It´s contating rear floor pan.
I´m avoidng cutting and welding it to the floor pan.
I really want to avoid car flex. I think this flex made a cranck on a-column.

today I did some minor cuts on exhaust system

DSC00177.JPG

I used a hand saw to make a finer cut. My table saw is damaged.

DSC00180.JPG

final cut was ok.. but I decided to make a try ... and worked! grinded as Maccgyver!

DSC00184.JPG

now, I just have to weld. As tubes are stainless, I will use my stick welder

DSC00188.JPG

"I´m avoiding cutting and welding it to the floor pan."

You don't have to cut the sub frame connector to the profile of the floor pan, just weld it to the floor pan if/wherever it makes contact. That will increase the overall strength of the uni body.

You should be able to mig weld stainless by the way. At least the stainless we have here is weldable with the same set up. Test out a small piece and see if it works.

Looking good as usual! :cheers:

I will stick weld stainless pipes because I´m not using pure argon on my mig. I´m using gas mix.

30 minutes ago I jointed some parts. Tomorrow I´ll test once more.. and joint the remaining pipe. Stainless stick is quiet easy to use.. in fact.. very very easy

DSC00192.JPG

DSC00196.JPG

DSC00190.JPG

I understand your issue with gas.

I agree that stick welding is pretty easy. Don't have to worry so much about having super clean parts. Your welds looks nice and small so you should have a nice looking exhaust when your done.

Awesome work as usual Alex. :cheers:

I understand your issue with gas.

I agree that stick welding is pretty easy. Don't have to worry so much about having super clean parts. Your welds looks nice and small so you should have a nice looking exhaust when your done.

Awesome work as usual Alex. :cheers:

I have an issue with gas too,but it generally clears the room.:evil4:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUGJKAL4e3o"]moving dodge dart on parking garage - YouTube[/ame]

yesterday did move car to shift its place on parking garage. some months turnud off... old gas and a carb with a dinoussaur blocking idle circuit

Well.....it sounds interesting.:D

Nah.....thats awesome that its rolling and running.

Now it's all about fine tuning everything! :burnout:

this week I spent a few hours to build a welding cart. It will turn easier moving welding near car.

had to clean carb. I was really clogged up.. I think a t-rex fall on my gas tank.. probably a godzilla! just kidding.
now idle works fine again.

DSC00480.jpg

I also drilled a hole to end a crack

DSC00312.jpg

-
Back