Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
DSC00570.JPG

well, still have to weld a piece of metal.. clean everything and paint.
I think it will work :):):)

subframe rear end finished

Now I will follow your advice.. primer + undercoat.
did my best.

Next steps.. weld cracks on A-colum

DSC00721.jpg

Looks solid Alex! Im sure you will be able to feel the difference when driving.

hi guys,
sprayed some paint.. and I also used a sealing product.

will paint it black tomorrow as soon as I back home, after work

DSC00727.jpg

"nasty head cold"
is this a good thing or bad thing? (recall that, sometimes, English phrases does not have the same sense in Portugues)

"nasty head cold"
is this a good thing or bad thing? (recall that, sometimes, English phrases does not have the same sense in Portugues)

Here it's a bad thing. It's a slang term for a sinus infection, which cause nasty amounts of yellow-greenish mucous to run from your nose. Looks a lot like the seam sealer you used. My attempts at humor are getting lost in translation.

Here it's a bad thing. It's a slang term for a sinus infection, which cause nasty amounts of yellow-greenish mucous to run from your nose. Looks a lot like the seam sealer you used. My attempts at humor are getting lost in translation.

NOW everything makes sense! lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have three of those.....they grew up some but they still leave a mess everywhere they go.

Did not work this week.
I came back from a symposium and had a lot of accumulated work on university.

I moved my car once again on parking garage. Now I have to weld the remaing cracks.
The problem is that I have to weld take an extra precaution to not damage the paint (just the real necessary).

Over over over protecting everything to avoid weld sparks.

DSC00814.jpg

DSC00839.jpg

both sides are ok now.

DSC00862.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

Last edited:
You really can't overprotect from welding sparks! Wet blankets help,as do special foil wraps.

I used some high dense cardboard plates, wet blankets (not really blankets... some pieces of fabric) and rubber blanket

Passenger side (focus on lower crack)
not really a crack (I think).
Just the paint or body filler cracked (about 1/4" width).
Upper crack is body filler in excess.

DSC00943.JPG

-
Back