Broken K frame bolt removal HELP!

-
I agree....and to be clear, we're not beatin on you, OP. We're trying to give you good advice. We all have our limitations and I gotta say I cannot STAND doin what you're doing. I've had some good luck with it in the past, but it's LUCK, not skill. lol I have friends I turn to when I know I'm over my head......and it happens pretty often sometimes.
There is nothing broke off inside the hole, yes my hole i drilled is very off center but almost through, I already broke a few drill bits with this damn thing. I usuallyhave decent luck but not this time. Anyone know any shops near Cleveland that can do this?

More OOTB,
A die grinder and carbide burr might help you re-center the hole......
upload_2022-9-6_10-29-46.png

Im gonna try the carbide die grinder re drill approach and if it looks like its gonna be disaster I'llgive up. Hate to be defeated by a bolt lol

Im gonna try the carbide die grinder re drill approach and if it looks like its gonna be disaster I'llgive up. Hate to be defeated by a bolt lol
Plenty of people have. No shame in it. It takes a huge amount of skill and experience sometimes. Nobody can do everything......but good luck!

I'm gonna say a frame shop would be your best bet as somebody else to tackle this. I had a frame shop weld up a broken hinge on a LeBaron convertible (common failure even on non-rusty cars). The next time (on a different car) I just did it myself after buying a welding blanket. Both times the repair was successful.

I agree with an earlier comment. Weld it to the frame and allow room to cut it off in the next 50 years, if needed.

-
Back