Broken motor mount pics!!!

-

viperredduster

Reaction score
Well I moved my battery to the trunk and got it all situated! The polished taylor box looks outstanding in my trunk. I got pics just not uploaded yet.

Anyways while I was running the power cable up to the front I noticed a mark on one of my header tubes and found the driver side rubber mount broken into! So long story short I put some solid mounts in and got her almost ready for the track just got to fix my fan shroud.

So it cut a 1.66 60' with a broken mount and battery in the trunk, what can she do with solid mounts and battery relocated??

PS pics coming!

1dff6a3b.jpg

d6a0b6e3.jpg

1f34284a.jpg

a3600b8d.jpg

And yes I know the mat looks like crap but I got in a hurry to cut it out. I plan on trying to make it more presentable later.

Looks good, but I'd get some grommets in those holes in the trunk floor or you'll be shorting out before long! Oh and the mat doesn't look that bad!

Looks good, but I'd get some grommets in those holes in the trunk floor or you'll be shorting out before long! Oh and the mat doesn't look that bad!
Was gonna say the same about grommets on the cables through the floor.It wouldn,t pass tech at my local track anyway.Easy fix.Good luck with the 60fts.:mrgreen:

I dont see a picture of a broken motor mount ? Its a common problem which is why I all ways ran a solid mount at least in the drivers side.

I dont see a picture of a broken motor mount ? Its a common problem which is why I all ways ran a solid mount at least in the drivers side.

I know I thought I had a pic of it but dont, I will see what I can do.

AND new times!

I took it to the local 500' track and ran a best of 1.54 60' and 6.26 @ 81.66. It felt so good to feel the slack in the steering wheel when I launched. This was off the t brake with the two step set at about 2800rpms.

I couldnt stop smiling when I saw the 60' times!

Here a vid of the 6.26 pass, and yes I hate that gaurd rail.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh9ZwYQVHyM"]‪Duster street car‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

They usually say to add about a second but its different for different speeds. I would say prob a 7.40 or 7.50. I picked my 60' up a tenth and two hundreths over the 60' it cut on the 7.65 1/8 mile pass.

-
Back