Buck - ees of Texas

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We hit the one at Madisonville 7 am fri and it was full. Got it back at 12 noon sat and the 5 ac parking lot was packed, all pumps full and people waitn line, and the inside was so full you could hardly walk!!!!!!
Tx people no dout know Buckees, but it has 30-40gas pumps plus diesel, the best bb q and fudge, and jerkey, It has the biggest restrooms in the world and full time attendants cleaning after everyone!! Buckeeis a damn genius! ha

We go out of our way to stop at Buckees!! The chopped brisket/BBQ is delicious and the Buckees I've been to have way more than 30 or 40 pumps, the one in New Braunfels has 60 "covered" gas pumps with a 67,000 SQ Ft building full of goodies. The restrooms are some of the nicest and cleanest and largest. Even at 3 AM they can be pretty busy...."Genius" was the right word!! Treblig

Last edited:
I miss traveling through Texas. Considered buying a house and moving there, but decided to stay in North Carolina.
On my last trip, driving an 18 wheeler, I decided to borrow a Don't Mess With Texas road sign. Middle of the night, not much traffic what can go wrong. I removed one bolt and was busy on the other one when flashing lights were behind me. The officer ask if everything was ok and what was I doing. Told him I had to much ice tea and had to stop. Drove off with the sign hanging on with one bolt. Ran over and crushed my little tool box. He followed me from Houston to Beaumont before turning off the highway.
I still miss Texas!

I miss traveling through Texas. Considered buying a house and moving there, but decided to stay in North Carolina.
On my last trip, driving an 18 wheeler, I decided to borrow a Don't Mess With Texas road sign. Middle of the night, not much traffic what can go wrong. I removed one bolt and was busy on the other one when flashing lights were behind me. The officer ask if everything was ok and what was I doing. Told him I had to much ice tea and had to stop. Drove off with the sign hanging on with one bolt. Ran over and crushed my little tool box. He followed me from Houston to Beaumont before turning off the highway.
I still miss Texas!
You do realize that by trying to take a Texas roadside sign you were in essence, " Messing with Texas"???

IMG_6348-1.jpg

One of the most "stolen" signs in Texas is the sign at Luckenbach, Texas where Willy Nelson used to hang out and play the guitar with his buddies. The town is so small it doesn't even have one horse but it's pretty cool and a destination for many tourists. Unfortunately most people can't find the town because the sign is usually not there and if you don't know where to turn off the highway you'll never find Luckenbach. The town mostly consists of this large building (bar) and a few out building, not much there, just a place to party and smoke dope (Willy) where the cops can't find you. Willy made the mistake of mentioning Luchenbach in one of his songs and ever since then it's been a tourist attraction which made it a place he had to avoid (for the most part).

Last edited:
I wish I knew the $$ Buckees made last Sat! and that was not the busy day, today would be no doubt!!
I know, I am a contry bumkin, I just never seen anything like it, and to top it off the BBQ was some of the very best I ever had, and I have had a lot of the good kind!

You do realize that by trying to take a Texas roadside sign you were in essence, " Messing with Texas"???

View attachment 1715219284
One of the most "stolen" signs in Texas is the sign at Luckenbach, Texas where Willy Nelson used to hang out and play the guitar with his buddies. The town is so small it doesn't even have one horse but it's pretty cool and a destination for many tourists. Unfortunately most people can't find the town because the sign is usually not there and if you don't know where to turn off the highway you'll never find Luckenbach. The town mostly consists of this large building (bar) and a few out building, not much there, just a place to party and smoke dope (Willy) where the cops can't find you. Willy made the mistake of mentioning Luchenbach in one of his songs and ever since then it's been a tourist attraction which made it a place he had to avoid (for the most part).
I did realize that, but the thought of hanging one in my man cave sounded better

Im saying theres more to life than waiting on a off ramp to go to Buck ees
I can see where it would be a hassle with a Semi. The ones I've been to have a steady stream of cars coming and going. At least the they have lots of check out counters and plenty of people to check you out.

it was waylons ranch,sure willy visited..200 miles of dirt roads one way in,..150 the other! never saw no sign! just a lil post office bout 8x12 across dirt rd from gates to luckenbach ranch!!

I still miss Texas!
always wanted one them dont mess with texas signs to...

it was waylons ranch,sure willy visited..200 miles of dirt roads one way in,..150 the other! never saw no sign! just a lil post office bout 8x12 across dirt rd from gates to luckenbach ranch!!
Of all the times I've visited Luckenback I seen the sign only once (so I took it). LOL

The Texas highway department has Luchenbach signs stacked up like cord wood.

Of all the times I've visited Luckenback I seen the sign only once (so I took it). LOL

The Texas highway department has Luchenbach signs stacked up like cord wood.
it was a privet residence when i delivered a order of high end furniture, mid 90s. got a pic of waylons old B model mack while i was there
waylons miss jessi.jpg

they have a Music festival there now so everyone knows where it is. 30 miles from my moms house.

Lukenbach. I remember it just from that pic. Its a stop my wife and i make when we spend a getaway weekend every so often just up the road in Fredericksburg. Pretty cool little place actually. Kind of a tourist trap. Bands playing there every weekend day and night.

Last edited:
it was a privet residence when i delivered a order of high end furniture, mid 90s. got a pic of waylons old B model mack while i was thereView attachment 1715219572
Looks like some pieces disappeared into the hands of souvenir hunters. When i started going to Lukenbach around 2007 Waylons Mack wasnt there anymore. Or at least i didnt see it. I wonder if it was bought and was restored.

I did a google search. Heres the scoop. Waylon Jennings 1966 B series mack is being restored in Chatham Ontario by Charlie Dorner. Waylons brother Bo owns the truck. Miss Jessi as Waylon named her, was shipped from Whiteface Texas to Canada in 2012 for a full frame off restoration .

-
Back