Buck - ees of Texas

-
I love it when the O/U Sooners , "MESS WITH texas !!"
Well................................You know what we say about people who come to visit Texas from up North??????///

They are like Hemorrhoids.... "It doesn't take much to get them to come down but it's hell to get'em to go back up!!!!":rofl: But Ya'll are welcome anytime!!

Last edited:
I love it when the O/U Sooners , "MESS WITH texas !!"

Even a blind hog will find an occasional acorn!!!!!! ha

He said, I wan not born in Texas, BUT... I got here just as soon as I could!! Ha ;; again

You guys in Ok must have been paying the preacher, in my rip thru there a couple weeks ago, I saw it has been raining and you all have grass grown!

Well................................You know what we say about people who come to visit Texas from up North??????///

They are like Hemorrhoids.... "It doesn't take much to get them to come down but it's hell to get'em to go back up!!!!":rofl: But Ya'll are welcome anytime!!

LOL .
But I ain`t lost nothing down there !

Even a blind hog will find an occasional acorn!!!!!! ha

He said, I wan not born in Texas, BUT... I got here just as soon as I could!! Ha ;; again

You guys in Ok must have been paying the preacher, in my rip thru there a couple weeks ago, I saw it has been raining and you all have grass grown!

Yeah. I made it rain this morning, got tired of my black truck being dirty, washed it yesterday.
It is still green, Going to have to mow soon as it dries up. Bet it raining down there too.
My wife is orig. from dallas, we have some (good ? ) times when the Sooners and the short horns play ! / Notice capital letters ! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Followed ur posts on ur car sales and move down there. I think given ther choice, I`d be living on a "HILL IN ARKANSAS" !

I got a very good wife here. We agreed when she hits 65 or close to move further West and North in Tx to get away from some of the humidity.

I got a very good wife here. We agreed when she hits 65 or close to move further West and North in Tx to get away from some of the humidity.

We have had the coolest summer I can remember, but it`s usually humid as hell here >
Pouring rain this morning !

I had an uncle that lived in Burkburnette, it got pretty hot there, but wasn`t as humid as here. I guess a person adapts to it , he was always bitchin about it being hot, but didn`t feel that bad to me. The Calif. desert was the same way. I was out there for 4 yrs., hit 118 a few times, felt hot because we were over 3000 ft, but didn`t feel as uncomfortable to me. The sun would burn u quicker tho----

Just read this ,
I don`t ever go down there !!

You're still Welcome anytime!!

Thanks, but I`ll pass , LOL .
I DID GO TO A COWCHIPS GAME W/ MY WIFE ONCE DOWN THERE, SET IN THE END ZONE AND WATCHED BIG JOHN RIGGINS RUN OVER THEM IN THE LAST QUARTER, HEADED RIGHT AT US.
The last time I was down there, I asked a bunch of people in a café, if everything is so big in texas , why are all the shower heads at 5 1/2 feet down here? No reply!

Thanks, but I`ll pass , LOL .
I DID GO TO A COWCHIPS GAME W/ MY WIFE ONCE DOWN THERE, SET IN THE END ZONE AND WATCHED BIG JOHN RIGGINS RUN OVER THEM IN THE LAST QUARTER, HEADED RIGHT AT US.
The last time I was down there, I asked a bunch of people in a café, if everything is so big in texas , why are all the shower heads at 5 1/2 feet down here? No reply!
Depends on where you slept or showered?? Texas has been around for a long time and people have grown taller and taller as time goes on. For example, my house was built in the 50s as such the shower head was at 5 1/2 ft but that's because people weren't as tall back in the day. I had to get the showers rebuilt so now our shower heads is at 7 ft....much better. I have a hard time with those "old time" shower head heights also. Almost every older building has shower heads that are too low for modern folks who are taller. Treblig

Several years ago we were working in Denton Texas and a large cowboy wrote us a bad check. He said meet him at the bank and he would make it good. We were sitting in the shade under a pecan tree. The guy with me was eating pecans. The cowboy came out and gave us the cash. Roland looked at this man and with a straight face said, if everything is so big in Texas, why do y'all have such little nuts!

Several years ago we were working in Denton Texas and a large cowboy wrote us a bad check. He said meet him at the bank and he would make it good. We were sitting in the shade under a pecan tree. The guy with me was eating pecans. The cowboy came out and gave us the cash. Roland looked at this man and with a straight face said, if everything is so big in Texas, why do y'all have such little nuts!
That's a good one!!!:rofl:

LOL

Mmmmmm Buc-ees beaver nuggets. Wife got me some in Dallas today. She had the pulled pork BBQ sandwich. When she was there. Said it was the best pulled pork BBQ she ever had.

20190803_180553.jpg

Mmmmmm Buc-ees beaver nuggets. Wife got me some in Dallas today. She had the pulled pork BBQ sandwich. When she was there. Said it was the best pulled pork BBQ she ever had.

View attachment 1715373131
Don't know about the beaver nuggets......poor little beavers running around in the woods after their nuggets have been surgically removed!!! But I do agree with your wife on the pulled pork, it's delicious. I always get one bottom bun and 1/2 lb of pork on the one bun...yum, yum!! Their chopped brisket is also very delicious!!

The Houston weatherman just last night mentioned the Buc-ees just North of SA getting a bad thunderstorm. You know it is a landmark when used as a land mark for the weather guy!!!!?? ha
The best pulled pork in the entire world comes out of South Ga, Buc-ees is a close second!!!!!!!
Yes, the Beaver Nuggets are darn good!!!! One reason Beavers are so scarce in Texas!!!

You do realize that by trying to take a Texas roadside sign you were in essence, " Messing with Texas"???

View attachment 1715219284
One of the most "stolen" signs in Texas is the sign at Luckenbach, Texas where Willy Nelson used to hang out and play the guitar with his buddies. The town is so small it doesn't even have one horse but it's pretty cool and a destination for many tourists. Unfortunately most people can't find the town because the sign is usually not there and if you don't know where to turn off the highway you'll never find Luckenbach. The town mostly consists of this large building (bar) and a few out building, not much there, just a place to party and smoke dope (Willy) where the cops can't find you. Willy made the mistake of mentioning Luchenbach in one of his songs and ever since then it's been a tourist attraction which made it a place he had to avoid (for the most part).

Was there last month. Take the 2nd right......1st one sends you to a gravel parking 'field'. Not hard to find with todays phones. All the driving and we never stopped at a Buck-ees.....bummer.

103_0116.JPG

103_0122.JPG

Last edited:
The Houston weatherman just last night mentioned the Buc-ees just North of SA getting a bad thunderstorm. You know it is a landmark when used as a land mark for the weather guy!!!!?? ha
The best pulled pork in the entire world comes out of South Ga, Buc-ees is a close second!!!!!!!
Yes, the Beaver Nuggets are darn good!!!! One reason Beavers are so scarce in Texas!!!
Tend to disagree on the pulled pork. I've traveled over 48 states and am convinced the best pulled pork comes from western North Carolina! Brisket is best from Texas. Ribs depend on the type you like, wet or dry. I personally like Memphis.

Well................................You know what we say about people who come to visit Texas from up North??????/// are like hemorrhoids.... "It doesn't take much to get them to come down but it's hell to get'em to go back up!!!!":rofl: But Ya'll are welcome anytime!!

Not so BUZARD BREATH, did u know that about 2/3 of texas used to be Okla. indian territory / Matter of record. Do u know that the red river is, or was, actually in Okla. ?
I have use to have kin folks in texas, wife had a really good paying job in plano, we visited each other every other week end , taking turns. The more I went down there the worse I DISLIKED IT . She thot I would move down there , to work at a place like I worked at here, no way . She came home after a year and a half .
Spout ur b.s. to some one who cares , or will believe it .
You wont ever see me living in texas ! Or visiting for that matter------------HEMORROID FACE !

ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER !

Not so BUZARD BREATH, did u know that about 2/3 of texas used to be Okla. indian territory / Matter of record. Do u know that the red river is, or was, actually in Okla. ?
I have use to have kin folks in texas, wife had a really good paying job in plano, we visited each other every other week end , taking turns. The more I went down there the worse I DISLIKED IT . She thot I would move down there , to work at a place like I worked at here, no way . She came home after a year and a half .
Spout ur b.s. to some one who cares , or will believe it .
You wont ever see me living in texas ! Or visiting for that matter------------HEMORROID FACE !

ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER !
Fact check...................Oklahoma is not what I (or others) consider UP NORTH. I've never heard some call an Oklahoman a Yankee!!

Don't know about the beaver nuggets......poor little beavers running around in the woods after their nuggets have been surgically removed!!! But I do agree with your wife on the pulled pork, it's delicious. I always get one bottom bun and 1/2 lb of pork on the one bun...yum, yum!! Their chopped brisket is also very delicious!!
^^^^^^^^LOL

Fact check...................Oklahoma is not what I (or others) consider UP NORTH. I've never heard some call an Oklahoman a Yankee!!

Yeah , we are poor ,cheaply run , politician greedy , turnpike greedy state . Usually COLD IN WINTER, HOT IN SUMMER (NOT THIS SUMMER), make do w/ what u got ,
But we like to play football .-----------------BOOMER !

OH, I NEVER HEARD OF BUCK BEES OR WHAT EVER !

Any one of the Interstate Buc-ees has what 1000 gas pumps, ya gotta wait in line. Inside ya can't stir um with a big stick.. It has 1000 restrooms with full time attendents!
BBQ? It is what you were raised on I what ya like. Unless ya wasn't raised on any, then your opinion is null!!??? ha

Any one of the Interstate Buc-ees has what 1000 gas pumps, ya gotta wait in line. Inside ya can't stir um with a big stick.. It has 1000 restrooms with full time attendents!
BBQ? It is what you were raised on I what ya like. Unless ya wasn't raised on any, then your opinion is null!!??? ha

Don't know if that was directed at me , but , everyone should know by now, that I`M HIGHLY OPIIONATED ! LOL

-
Back