Bucket or bench

-

65Vart

Reaction score
My Dart is a bench 4spd car now. I am sending the front bench out to be re done so I mounted one of the van seats I have to move the car around. These things together probabally don't wiegh half what the bench does.
These seats are cool. Now I am thinking Aluminum seat brackets and keeping the buckets,. Any problems with the floor I might run into? Another thing is the floor is mint. Even the thought of 8 new little holes make me cringe a bit but WTF. Any thoughts. pics below

65 Vart 002.jpg

65 Vart 003.jpg

May sell them if the bench gos back in. Not sure what they are worth and shipping would be a *****.

Though choice, I have a bench seat in my 66 Valiant 4-speed, I think it is cool. Although, van buckets would look cool in my car......:toothy10:

Which is more comfortable for you? Which do you like the look of more? Are you worried about the value of the car going down? Would the holes be noticeable under the carpet if it is replaced? It is your car. Do what makes you happy! That's what it is all about!

Steve

65Vart,if you don,t use the buckets?I may be interested in them for my 66 Dart.Also we,re in the same town!?You didn,t tell me about the seats when we went to Spring Fling together?Now we need to talk!LOL!Trades,cash?What,s your need?

Bench and a 4 speed!
The buckets are cool, but what really matters is comfort.
So which is more comfortable?

I kind of wish I would left mine a bench seat myself. But.....................buckets are cool too.

Don't be scared! ANYONE can restore a car, it takes a REAL man to cut one up! LOL... Seriously though you can always put the bench back in after you try the buckets. Don't forget to weld in the little reinforcement plates like the factory to keep the floor from flexing... I am probably going to put buckets from a GT in my '65 wagon so you can see that nifty little cover plate better...

Those buckets are cool, but can you get the back seat to match?

a compromise would be if there was a split bench (buddy seat) setup offered? if there wasn't any other choices then i would stick with the bench as it is a cool factor with the 4 speed. i had a 69 chevelle ss 396 with factory 4 speed with a bench seat. 2nd and 4th gear could be fun sometimes if i had 3 people in the front seat, lol.

Update ,Might be using these, I got a quote for 700.00 :angry7:yesterday to fix up my bench. Need to fab up some brackets though.

65 Vart 002.jpg

700 sounds a a bit high to me. OK a lot high. Call up Legindary and order a set of covers then put them on your self. Thats what I did and they turned out great. It was right at 1046 bucks for front bench and the rear seat covers a rear pakege tray and all four door pannels.

DartInterior.jpg

DartInterior1.jpg

Don't forget to weld in the little reinforcement plates like the factory to keep the floor from flexing...

Much more important reason for the welded-in reinforcement plates is you don't want the seatmount bolts pulling through the floor in case of an accident. Bad news if the bolts pull through and you and the seat become a pingpong ball bouncing around inside your car.
Be safe and make sure to do it the right way!

The van seats dont fold. Yours a 4 door car ?

No, but they have tracks on them so on the rare occasion anyone uses the back seat the can squeeze their asses in there.

looks like they make 66 seats like you need. if you send them the old cover they can make one to match if you need it.

700 is rediculous, you can get great oem covers for 350 top and bottom and put them on yourself. Laysons I think, I will have to look that up. I think the boys like your van seats but they wern't used in the hemi darts because they were comfortable but because they were light I think. Anyway, I am a dedicated Bucket seat fan.

if I mount these seats what about using JB weld for the 3 x4 re inforcing plates to the floor...bad idea? buddy may not be around to tack them,

if I mount these seats what about using JB weld for the 3 x4 re inforcing plates to the floor...bad idea? buddy may not be around to tack them,
Bring it over Wally,I,ll tack em up for ya!Steel that is,no aluminum welding yet.

-
Back