Bucket Seats (yes Again)

-

65Vart

Reaction score
Ok so the floor in my 65 is not flat like Kramer Industries says it is.I just about bought some cool SS risers off them but decided to fab up a set out of 1/8 aluminum. I can't get these seats to mount where I want them. The floor is higher near the trns tunnel so I made the brackets adjustable but they wont mount back far enough . There are no pedistals for buckets in this car. I am convinced this floor is floor bench only. Any suggestions, anyone ever done this. Promise last post on this :happy10: other wise I will leave the site in shame. The bench is probablly going back in and I will sell these to pay for it. Just hate to let it beat me!! Petty Blue offered his help but I'm lik'in the bench the more I f#@# with it.

65 Vart 001.jpg

Sounds like you need the factory early-a bucket seat risers to use as a template. There is no bench only floor, but you're right about the floor being higher beside the trans tunnel.

The bucket seat risers can be unbolted from the seat, I have my passenger seat out at the moment and am painting the risers/brackets. If you need me to, I can get you some measurements from mine.

Also, how do those seats bolt in? I'm assuming they have studs on the bottom? If so you'll have to use the measurements as a rough guide since these bolt onto the seat sliders from the side.

Here's a pic of the passenger side inner (beside the tunnel) bracket:

100_3631.jpg

I have a buddy with a pair of parts car buckets. I'll see if I can talk him out of the bases

Yup , bucket seat tracks in pre 67 A-bodies were quite different from the later. The tracks were attached to taller risers with slots for adjusting like the one pictured above.
I have several pieces of 66 seat tracks and risers here but not a complete set up. Good luck and let me know if I can help with a piece or 2.

Hey redFish, I have tracks on the seats with studs on the bottom. No Risers

There is your problem. The short track stand assemblies dont work in per 67.
The correct tracks have added on risers,attached with square head nuts and bolts through adjusting slots.

Hey 65Vart - I used to have a 65 Coronet that I converted the driver's bucket to a power seat. I will be reusing the power rack on the 65 Valiant/Barracuda driver's seat going in my 65 Dart wagon - I happen to discover that early A Body seat tracks bolt right up to the early B Body buckets (and vice versa) and fit right into the proper holes in the floor. I might have a set of passenger tracks in storage. Only problem is that I won't be able to look for these or do anything with the driver's tracks until the wife and I get back from Europe - we're leaving Friday for a couple of sightseeing days in London, couple more in Paris then on to Amsterdam where my oldest son lives. Going for a visit and to see him get hitched to a real nice Dutch lady. In the event someone else can help you out definitely grab their tracks so you won't be F%$#@!D.

I beleive you can make any brackets to make them fit!Weld,cut,bolt you can do what ever it takes to fit them in!

find a 63-66 Signet or 64-66 Barracuda with complete seats.

Or put the bench back in, {Cheap and easy. ;) }

While the seats are out add some sound deadner under the carpet.

headlinerproject64Valiant026Small.jpg

I have what you need in Winnipeg... PM me if you are interested.
Complete bucket frames... the adjustable ones as mentioned..

-
Back