Bucket sliders Different height

-

iw378

Reaction score
Got my buckets re upholstered for my 69 bcuda while it's off to paint.
Anyways these seats are from an early 70's mopar. I noticed that the drivers side seat sliders are 3 inches tall and the passenger seat sliders are 2 inches tall The one in my hand is the passenger side. Shouldn't they be the same height. ?
IMG_0493_zps531082bb.jpg

I know the 66-70 B-body have two different heights. The inner is shorter than the outer due to the floor contour. But those ones you have appear to be even shorter than my B-body tracks.

O.K. the passenger seat has the 2 inch high brackets and the drivers has the 3 inch high brackets. I guess i need to find a set of the 3 inch brackets for the passenger seat. How do I go about doing that ?

They don't appear to be early 67-69 Bucket seat tracks. The ones I have out of a 67 Barracuda look different.

They don't appear to be early 67-69 Bucket seat tracks. The ones I have out of a 67 Barracuda look different.
I know the seats are not out of a 67 69 barracuda. The are 70's something mopar bucket seats Like a dart or duster

Hi:
I am working on replacing my bench with factory buckets in a 75 Swinger. You have a set from a 73-74 Duster. I have the same set.
That said, are you measuring from the very bottom to the very top of the slider? That is my guess.
Be aware the hump/hole (front left side), by the drivers door, is not where the bracket bolts through for buckets. It may be, there is a dimple about 2" to the right of that, which is lower. You can tell by looking under the floor and will see a support with a hole in it. That is where it goes. You will need (extra) spacers there to make the seat level, along with some creativity. Contact R/T specialties. They have 1/2"stock type . You will need 8.
Also, if you bolt the seat to the far left it will not line up with the Steering wheel.
It ought to be a simple changeout... Yeah right:)
Good luck...

-
Back