Budget adj. La rockers.

-

Dragonbat13

Reaction score
Iirc there used to be a cheap, adjustable rocker for the la shaft mount rockers. Like a summit brand or something.

I'm looking for something along the lines of the old 273 rockers. Cast iron non roller is ok. I want to say I remember something from summits house brand or something of that nature.

Any ideas on something budget minded?Harland sharps would be nice but I can't spend that kind of coin right now.

As mentioned, the old 273 adjustables are most likely gonna be your best bet. They show up here for sale every now and then. 65'

Start a wanted thread for used ones or check out Speedmaster from Jegs or Summit. You can buy them direct from Speedmaster as well.

speedmaster heads.jpg

Rocker geometry, retainer clearance, and push rod length all things that need considered when moving to an aftermarket rocker. They are not just a bolt on and go deal.

What is your build as you may not need them?

Of course depending on what your combo is and if you need it NOW! Valve train is usually not somewhere you want to go with the cheaper part. Again if it is a time thing or a stockish rebuild. Ok.

I will say the Hughes rockers we put on my 340 with Speedmaster heads and my dads 440 with 915 heads were spot on. Looking back, stock HD rockers would have worked just fine for my 340 and probably the 440 as well.

I’m not sure this is aloud but a buddy of mine had a set for sale on the Facebook ads. Not sure if he sold them but if ou want me to check let me know. I think he listed them for 125.00

-
Back