Build your own spot welder, im not even kidding...

-
Yeah, go ahead with that......Yikes! But the site is cool. Im a pro-member because I was an "editors pick" in a project that involved repairing dented tubes in brass instruments.

I don't see any need of rewinding a microwave transformer. If you have just about ANY welder, you already have a power supply that you can hook to and build the rest.

A little tidbit--if you don't know WTF you are doing with a microwave transformer, keep yur mits off. They output VERY high voltage. It can seriously kill ya.

Well of course, it's science man. Stuff's dangerous and goes boom. Not unlike playing around with high horsepower engines, I'm sure everybody here has had a moment of extreme pain and cursing but most of you guys stay within the limits of sanity :D

It is not easy to build welding machine . It requires many things like electric wires to start, welding equipments and a quality metal which can useful to make this machine. You can use anything in which you can fix all these things to make a welding machine.

I watched Ebay and Craigslist and bought a panel spotter body shop unit for 180 including shipping with washer welder and other adapters along with spot tips. Great deal and very useful.

-
Back