Build yourself a 1968 GTX clone on eBay........

-
Total d-bags!!! I guess these shysters forgot to cut the other sheet metal where the numbers were stamped (or was this not a late 68 car?). And to top it all ... a "God Bless" at the end. They need a good beating ... a good ol' fashion Christian beating. :violent1:

i was looking on there earlier, and some guy was trying to sell a "buddy seat" for $950..said it was rare..kind of funny i got one today when i was doing a seat swap with another member

Unreal,

HOWEVER, Has anybody ever started a numbers thread? On the AK files there was a huge lot of ak parts kits that were none numbers matching. Alot of people started posting their part numbers and the part. Eventually a few people ended up with a matching numbers kit! Of course it would be alot harder to get a match on here. But at least people could post up things like broadcast sheets with no cars, or rarer engine blocks (people could sell the rare blocks and get a modern racing block for instance).

The dipshit CAN get texts and he called me IMMEDIATELY when I texted and called him a fraud and said I was reporting him to the authorities!

He said everyone does it, so it's OK for him to do it, and he's just "rebodying" a GTX.
He says that as long as he has the title (Which he said came back as not existing!!) and a VIN tag, he's legit. Well, He's also wrong!

I reported him on Ebay, and I'm calling his home state (Florida, Pinellas County, city of Largo) Highway Patrol and sheriff.

Just spent a half hour trying to call this in. It's illegal, every person I talked to agreed (all law enforcement). Nobody knew what to do and they just kept transferring me around. F**k it. I guess cops in Pinellas County have better **** to do.

Buyer Beware. Let Karma get this asshole.

Ha. Auction closed by seller.

I hope no sorry bastard ever buys a GTX with this VIN: RS23L8G130546

Attachments

• Fraud2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 261
  • Fraud.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 250
Should start a sticky on each of the forums (abodies, bbodies, ebodies...etc.) with vins known to be for sale or "rebodies" . At least we'll start having a data base of cars that are bogus.

Should start a sticky on each of the forums (abodies, bbodies, ebodies...etc.) with vins known to be for sale or "rebodies" . At least we'll start having a data base of cars that are bogus.

There is a thread for that and I posted this there too, just figured it would get more attention in it's own thread.....looks like it worked if the auction ended. There was an offer by another eBay member on the stuff, wonder who it was and if they know that it's illegal to buy that stuff.

There is a thread for that and I posted this there too, just figured it would get more attention in it's own thread.....looks like it worked if the auction ended. There was an offer by another eBay member on the stuff, wonder who it was and if they know that it's illegal to buy that stuff.

Or he sold it since his phone number is in the ad. Thanks for posting this.

I know this is not legit for a resale of a car. But if you have a /6 a-body with a V8 in it it is just as illegal . If you were to hit someone your insurance would not pay if they found out you modified the car.

And if you were to to the engine swap legally . You would need to get a reconstructed title and it would have to pass today's emission standards.

So it is a catch 22. Someone with a 68 Belvidere that has installed a 440 should have a vin for a 440 to legally insure the car without the hassle. But to sell it as a GTX would not be right.

How many of us told our insurance co. that we put 340's in our /6 Valiants and Darts. Probably not any.

I did when I gave them my VIN for my Duster. It States it is a H code. 340 car and I am paying the insurance for what the car is. Not a /6 low dollar premium with the high dollar risk.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I know this is not legit for a resale of a car. But if you have a /6 a-body with a V8 in it it is just as illegal . If you were to hit someone your insurance would not pay if they found out you modified the car.

And if you were to to the engine swap legally . You would need to get a reconstructed title and it would have to pass today's emission standards.

So it is a catch 22. Someone with a 68 Belvidere that has installed a 440 should have a vin for a 440 to legally insure the car without the hassle. But to sell it as a GTX would not be right.

How many of us told our insurance co. that we put 340's in our /6 Valiants and Darts. Probably not any.

I did when I gave them my VIN for my Duster. It States it is a H code. 340 car and I am paying the insurance for what the car is. Not a /6 low dollar premium with the high dollar risk.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

It is the law and that saves people from getting screwed when it is enforced. That is pretty simple and sums it up real quick.

How pissed would you be if you found out the your H code Duster was really a /6 car that had been rebadged?

How about if someone ripped off your H code Duster and re-VINed it because they had the correct items off a junked out car?

I always insure the vehicle for what it is with an agreed value plus have the agent note any major modifications in writing so if something happens I will be able to file a claim to get my money. The more high dollar parts on a car the more likely it will get stolen.

I did....2 of my cars have had 340's swapped in place of a smaller engine. Its called collector car insurance....my cars are insured for their value, insurance company has pictures of both cars from every angle, including pictures of the VIN and the engine.

There's a HUGE difference between swapping an engine (Especially assuming the car then becomes non-numbers-matching), for the sake of hot-rodding, versus re-bodying a car with the intent of committing fraud.

A motor swap is typically recognizable once numbers are checked if a person isn't swapping VIN's and stamping stuff, and can either influence a car's value up or down depending on what you started with and ended up with.

The day someone starts removing vin tags and re-bodying hemi and V8 cars into slant 6 cars, I'll retract my viewpoint.

-
Back