building a FAST legal small block

-
Moper, I know, I have no clue what I want to do, LOL I cant even make it though an entire post with out changing my mind. By the time I get to doing the motor I will probably change my mind 5 more times.

WOW!!!!...ive said those EXACT words to Moper SEVERAL times!!!!!:cheers:

Adam I need to hook you up with Mike M. who built mine. He comes down to Marcus all the time.

So Im bring this back up seeing the car will be in paint in a few weeks and I can dig the motor out of the corner.

I have gotten some pretty good info from some other FAST guys,

Dave Dudek posted a pretty good thread.
http://www.runboard.com/bfastracingmessageboard.f3.t352

I picked up the correct thermoquad intake for my car. I was given the ok to run a 72 340 T-Quad instead of the 1 year only 71 carb. Still need to get exhaust manifolds, I hear the driverside cant really be improved on because its to thin but the 71 and later passenger side cane be reworked a bit.

I missed a 70-71 340 air cleaner on ebay with a $125 buy it now. Just didnt have the money so Im going to end up paying $300 for one now.

Those are the factory pieces Im missing.

Im going to end up doing a 4" stroker with around 10:1 compression with a decant set of ported 915.

Havent decided on the cam yet. I would really like to go with a roller. I have a fear of flat tappets going flat.

Im not looking to be the fastest car on the track. I'll be happy with a mid 12 second car.

Solid roller, and I'd ignore the pass side if you can't help tha drivers. The Drivers is the weaker of the two anyway. That cam needs to be careful in terms of exh lobe timing. But if you can't get 12s out of it, you got some issues. You won't be ultra competitive due to the way they run things, but you'll have a blast and the car should run pretty serious low 12s high 11s wiht the right setup and driving.

Dave, It doesnt look like my car will be "legal" no matter what. Seems the Canadian Dart 340s didnt have hood pins, (all ready drilled the holes) Vinyl tops (kinda need it to hide the patch in the roof) and had some different emblem locations

Guess that means I can do what ever. I'll have to save the FAST thing for then next car.

I may just use a set of 70 and earlier manifolds seeing I have no rules to follow. I still want it to look stock to 99% of the people looking at it.

What would you do to the stock thremoquad intake ? Just clean up the runners and plenum ? I know some guys mill the divider down or completely remove it.

The other thing I could do is just a stock stroke 360, KB107s, nicely ported heads and a mild solid cam. It would still run pretty hard Im sure. To many choices.

cough cough... 340 air cleaner.... cough cough

I think I have one that I got a decent deal on and would pass it along....

Roller set-ups are a pain in those ,ask Kory.You would be suprised at the power and torque you can get from a good solid flat tappet.As long as you use the proper oil there should not be a problem loosing a cam.It would also be money well spent to go for a good piston.You know where I am if there is anything I can do.

Crackedback if Adam does not want the breather you have and it is a 71, I might be interested in it for the 71 Demon I just bought. Let me know.

-
Back