BUILDSHEET! I found mine!!!!

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
So i tried a couple of time to look for my 66 barracuda's Broadcast sheet and I couldn't find it... :tongue6: (in the areas it should be in)...I tried removing the rear seat...she just wouldn't budge! kinda gave up...the PO had reupholstered the interior so I figured there would be NO way in H.E. double Hockey sticks it would be found anyway....

decided the interior needed to be redone anyways...took her to a local shop and figured out a fair price...well they said lets remove the passenger seat and rear. I laughed and said...good luck buddy...they young gun tried his best for about a half hour (sweating his *** off)...couldn't get her out. Oldtimer came...spent about 10-15 minute...finally said "lets remove the top part"...out she comes...(remember the 64-66 had the laydown rear seats). So what do we find? The buildsheet? NOPE to bolts and straps holding down the back side of the bottom of the rear seat! (remember this for the future boys and girls):read2:

Take the bolts out...out comes the rear! :bootysha:

while talking story with the oldtimer..i see out of the corner of my eye the young gun with the bench in his hand..STOP!!!I YELL. (I think i almost gave the old timer a heart attack!) I run over to the bench and sure enough!!!! the

BROADCAST SHEET IS STILL THERE!!!!!

I have the young gun pull it out while I hold the springs away....explain to him the HOLY GRAIL we just discovered....

he just gives me a sly grin and walks away muttering "crazy haole...."

well here she is! sure is nice to have this....

Broadcast Sheet small.jpg

Thats sweet I will ever find mine all of the interior was taken out before I got it.

It is cool to find to be sure. It sort of takes you back to the time on the production line. Sort of like baby birth photos lol.

Grant

yea her first baby picture!

question to those in the know what is here birthday? I can't figure out if the C means March or December...65 or 66? The first registration by the original owner was in December of 66. Also the plant she was birthed?

ALOHA!

found it...still not sure the build date....
Make: B = Plymouth Barracuda
Price Class: P = Premium
Body Type: 29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
Engine: D = 273 180HP 1-2BBL or 235HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Model Year: 6 = 1966
Assembly Plant: 2 = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
Sequence Number:572652 = 472652th Vehicle

Yours looks better than mine.Here,s mine when I found it,this is from my 66 Dart..
car pics 66 Dart 118.jpg
It,s staying put!LOL

car pics 66 Dart 118.jpg

mahalo all...I was and still am surprised at the condition. She is brittle...but shes been scanned and never has to be handled again.

Once I get the seats back...I'm gonna put a copy back where I found her...why??? If can, Can! If no can, No can!

Aloha

i only found a corner of mine on the floor under the seat. I think the PO took it out and prolly tossed it figuring it was just some sheet of paper

mahalo on the December! Built on a Wednesday...she's a keeper! the production guys weren't hungover and weren't ready to get a hangover!

so I think it was 12/08/65...any others? jump in!

Good for you! It looks to be in good shape. Mike

This was the scene when I discovered a SECOND build sheet in my '70 Dart Swinger.

DSC_0497 (Small).JPG

DSC_0502 (Small).JPG

DSC_0501 (Small).JPG

DSC_0507 (Small).JPG

DSC_0508 (Small).JPG

DSC_0509 (Small).JPG

Mine was in one piece still under the rear seat. I had recovered the seats and were sitting in the basement ready to go back in the car. My 2 year old son found the sheet and removed it for me in about 30 pieces. Should I try to tape it back together. It's just a 73 swinger?

I found one in the springs of my back seat and 2 of them under the carpet... One of the ones in the carpet was badd but the other two are good just brittle as hell... I think the one in the back seat is staying in the springs!!! I bout freaked when I found 2 of them in good condition. They are in a safe place for now.. :)

Mine was in one piece still under the rear seat. I had recovered the seats and were sitting in the basement ready to go back in the car. My 2 year old son found the sheet and removed it for me in about 30 pieces. Should I try to tape it back together. It's just a 73 swinger?

I would...save all you can it;s a great story to tell the little ****..when he grows up LOL.....I remeber when you took.....hahaha.....

Pulled mine out years ago and had it sitting on the counter.... "now honey this is a very important document from my duster please leave it alone!" Yep she listened like she usually does used it as scratch paper to see if her pen had ink... and of course it did, #-o

Of course she gave me the puppie eyes and got away with it.

Should of known better.

When I found mine I was super happy. Ran to my wife to show her. She didn't care at all. Not until I call my dad and told him did it really sink in to her that it was a big deal. :)

It now sits in a file in my filing cabinet until I either laminate it or put it into a protective sleeve.

Riddler

My 66 Barracuda decoded to 11/19/65 ship date. Found the build sheet under the rear seat, I figured it would be gone since the seat had been re-covered (!).

My 66 Barracuda decoded to 11/19/65 ship date. Found the build sheet under the rear seat, I figured it would be gone since the seat had been re-covered (!).

Exactly what I thought!!!!! That's so cool! Looks like I have the baby of the two! (12/08/65)

Aloha!

-
Back