built 340

-
Really comes down to the heads if the flowing around 250 cfm you've probably have reached you desired hp.

Wow, can't wait for an answer huh? Not even 40 minutes. Yikes!

400 HP at best IMO

Is it 10-1 or 11-1 comp ratio?

The starter, hardened valve "seats" fuel pump & crank material have nothing to do with making HP. Just a FYI. ;)

Glass packs, if they neck down in the inside, rob HP. Better parts are required. Flex fan is not helping. Better off with the factory viscous fan dyno proven to make more power over flex fans.

I think a bowl ported set of heads would do you right.

I've been building engines since the 70s. Just wanted to see what some other motor guys think. And 400hp I can get with a mild cam intake and carb. And no head work. I added the glass packs and starter ect because it was a bud of mines build. He's getting it dynoed and just wanted some predictions. Sock x heads flowed about 220cfm so I agree 250 would help reach the mark.

My guess is 390 on an engine dyno. IMO what you have listed IS a mild cam, intake and carb. You really should know what your compression is.......

Where is your cam installed?

It's not my engine. Read the original post it's a friend of mines.

IDK, it might surprise us! The power level (430hp) really is t out of the question!

You should have left the thread intact and reported the dyno readings or at least how the car ran on the track!

Why did you take it down?

Could be 325 to 350,with stock heads safely said,glass packs work,but doesn't help the horsepower situation. 250 cfm intake flow,& even 1 5/8" primary tube headers,400-420 h.p. should be easy with a good short block zero decked.

-
Back