Built me a new tool

-
I think i'm gonna build one of these too. Great idea cudascott. Where exactly do the locating pins fit into on the K frame?

The two factory locating holes in the bottom. I can get you a pic later this evening if needed

here's a k frame and engine dolly I built for installation/removal of the engine and tranny.
I had the steel lying around so as of now I have 11.00 dollars in it. I lowered the bee down on it and it's solid as can be. Just thought I would share what do you guys think?

View attachment 1714938305

View attachment 1714938306
I think it's an awesome idea. So awesome I attempted to start making one I'm on disability and I need all the help I can get !the upright pins that go into the bottom of the K frame are these the holes that they go into ? Thanks for the great idea

received_633026217284496.jpeg

Nice awesome job guys!! I love making my own tools. It's a whole new level of accomplishment when you build something with tools that you made.

Yes sir that the holes! I also added a piece of tubing on the front to bolt the front of the k member down through the radiator support brace hole. I’ll snap a pic of it and post it here.

I have it it in use right now here’s a few pics of it in action.
0D6FD742-4B78-46B3-8D83-7B6B217C0E30.jpeg
098A6791-E1F2-4DA3-9443-2DC080CC71EF.jpeg

Yes sir that the holes! I also added a piece of tubing on the front to bolt the front of the k member down through the radiator support brace hole. I’ll snap a pic of it and post it here.
Yeah that be awesome I have all the parts and pieces cut. I took a welding class.bought most of the steel at a welding shop, the pieces that drop and Hit the Floor. I think I've got about $22 so far. I'll send pics when I get it all finished one other question I had is I notice if you're looking from the jack to the front why is one of the uprights offset to the left? I really appreciate your time

your uprights look way further apart than mine from Center to Center is only about 8 and 3/4

The jack mount is offset because the engine and trans is offset to the right on the k member. The two uprights are adjustable side to side

I designed my build to accommodate both A bodies and B bodies as I have both.

I designed my build to accommodate both A bodies and B bodies as I have both.
Perfect I'm glad I went with the steel wheels also like you I'm trying to make it exactly like yours! I see it in action it looks awesome ! Thanks for the quick reply! looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow mounting some Wheels finishing up the welding. Thanks again man Mopar or no car

Here’s a couple pics showing the front tubing I added
later.
400FE138-928B-4CBB-A2F3-CEC3E67DA395.jpeg
B172B636-EEBE-4B3B-95A9-B8A54A8F6FA9.jpeg

Just thought I'd share pics Cuda Scott. Got everything level ,welded Wheels mounted I can easily go back and Tack the wheels , also have a set of Steel Wheels I'm going to try these first! just thought I'd share pics man thanks for your help again
received_178620786626183.jpeg
received_1330721793781566.jpeg
received_702863940471128.jpeg

Great looking engine/ tranny dolly. I will be working on disassembling my brothers 1967 Cuda notch later this year. I might "steal" your plans for the dolly when I get closer to engine removal. Thanks for posting.

Great looking engine/ tranny dolly. I will be working on disassembling my brothers 1967 Cuda notch later this year. I might "steal" your plans for the dolly when I get closer to engine removal. Thanks for posting.
Thanks to Cuda Scott I started working on mine this week moving right along, I'm going to try my wheels this way instead of welding them on so I can take it apart and store it nice and neat,

I'm wondering if I could build something like that with some beef pneumatic tires to roll across gravel :D

Pretty good idea probably sit a little taller to go for it
I'm developing a plan haha. I'm thinking about making the frame out of some 2x4s and reinforcing it with some metal brackets it will be a one time use thing for me so as long as its sturdy enough to hold the kframe and put some wheel barrel wheels on it . I actually just found some wheels at HF I just ordered them 23 bucks for all four! Jackpot!

20200430_212033.jpg

-
Back