Bumble Bee Stripe on a Scamp?

Should I put a Bumble Bee Stripe on a 71 Scamp?

• Total voters
-

71 Scamp

Sick Boy
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to have my 71 Scamp painted. I've always liked the Bumble Bee Stripe on the Dart. What do you think about the Bumble Bee Stripe on a Scamp? I think I'm going to go for it. I just wanted to hear some opinions.

ct604.jpg

have some done in 3M vinyl at a sign shop. If you don't like it you can simply change the color or take it off all together.

what colour you painting it? i got a black bumblebee to still put on mine when its complete (got it from challenger gary for a really good price)..i say it depends on the colour you do...i felt i needed one to match the hood and break up the intenseness of the green

The angled rear quarter of the car lends itself PERFECTLY to the stripe.

It's my favorite on those cars, hands down. :cheers:

I am thinking of leaving mine off because I am going back to the vinyl top, and adding a Go-Wing, plus will black out the rocker panels and hood scoops.

How about this

Convertible SCAMP with stripe

convertscamp.jpg

This car was cut up years ago. he actually did a pretty good job making something he wanted. He didn't use a dart top frame, he cut down a frame off a full size ford. I have not seen it with the top up, but top down looks good for a homemade convertible

convertscamp.jpg

I think it will be good either way...but I think bumble stripes are a "Dodge" thing. But like i said will be cool either way.

Scott

How about this

Convertible SCAMP with stripe

View attachment 116916

This car was cut up years ago. he actually did a pretty good job making something he wanted. He didn't use a dart top frame, he cut down a frame off a full size ford. I have not seen it with the top up, but top down looks good for a homemade convertible

Now, THAT is cool!

How abbout a duster stripe down the side? Has anyone ever done that? I thought about doing a longitdal on my 75 scamp from a 73 duster.

A bumble bee stripe on a Scamp looks good, since the rear of a Scamp is a Dart anyway!

it would look good on your car. on the darker cars the cremeish white color of stripe looks great with the dodge in it on the deck lid. yours would pbly say plymouth tho but i would say that would look killer lol

Thats weird.I never thought of a stripe not being on the Scamp. Of course it would look good,but I'm a traditionlist (SP?).Sorry,my Scamp would be stripeless.

I am a traditionalist and voted to go for it. It's your car and you're the one that will live with it.

The stripe would look especially good if there is no vinyl top, side pin stripe, or go wing. It breaks up the bleakness of the rear of the car without cluttering things up.

-
Back