Bumble Bee Stripe on a Scamp?

Should I put a Bumble Bee Stripe on a 71 Scamp?

• Total voters
-
It was alot of work but i painted my on my old dart..
et3-1.jpg

damn he did it the hard way. would have been easier to just start with a 67-69 rag top... like this one... :)

this car has been around a long time. used to see it at mopars at e-town when the show was actually worth going to.

wish chrysler would have built a 70 dart rag top. man does it look good..

carlisle09%20521.jpg

carlisle09%20522.jpg

Joe, was the quality pretty good on this car, the convertible conversion part?

I've always liked the look of those stripes. I was next to a Dart at a car show and I couldn't keep my eyes off those stripes. It's a great design from the boys at Mopar. DO IT!

Joe, was the quality pretty good on this car, the convertible conversion part?

the convert part was original. no conversion needed. it was a 67-69 rag top. bolted the 70 front clip on it and i guess put 70 quarters on it.. i believe he also put a 70 dash in it....

I consider fixing up older cars an art form, In art you can do whatever you want!!

Can't find the picture but I had one designed that looked like the 69 beign split with the words Plymouth - Valiant and doing the angle

I voted to go for it... but then, I am biased in favor of tail stripes LOL (as my avatar shows)

I'd like to know what the car looks like, now.

Do what you will, but I have enough trouble with everybody thinking the one in the garage is a Dart, as is. I opted for the stripes that were special option on the Scamp model.

This one is close to original, but the stripes are supposed to connect at the front of the fender.

http://www.scottlewisonline.com/archive/watch200708.html

Saw one a few years back in root beer brown with the same stripe, all cracked and faded.

I have enough trouble with everybody thinking the one in the garage is a Dart, as is.
I had a guy argue with me that I shouldn't have a 'plymouth' license plate on the front of my Scamp, since it's a Dodge:banghead:
can imagine if I'd had a bumblebee stripe on it too lol.

For what it's worth, the ONLY Scamp that I have seen locally that does not have a bumblebee stripe on it is at my house. Saw two today, both sporting stripes. I think they are growing on trees, these days. While having said that, I think the stripe and body lines look good, but I'm personally growing tired of seeing so many.

And while it may sound like I'm snearing, I'm actually quite fond of the Scat Pack stripes in all forms, but cars that have all kinds of crossover "mopar" stuff on them sort of sit funny in my stomach, to digest. Go-Wing, Scat Stripe, Six Pack, Hood Scoop, black hood, chin spoiler = too much for me. Pick one or two and make it look nice. abodyjoe's car looks clean. Good example of simple color combination. It's loud, but not on a flat note. I guess my point is just to be careful with final touches.

When do you ever see it go the other way? It always seems like Dodge > Plymouth. Coyote Duster decals on a rectangle air cleaner, under a Dodge hood? Never. Not once. Plenty of times with the Six-Pack name on a Plymouth. That is a name thing, though. Put a Plymouth devil heart decal on your Charger... said no person, ever. Even so, that logo is brand-free and iconic, like the Scat Pack stripe.

It sort of makes me wonder why there aren't more people rocking Scat Pack stripes on Plymouth B bodies?

i think any scamp with a stripe ...would be greatly improved with a swinger front end on it.

****ducks and runs****

all kidding aside ...its win win ....i have seen some really sweet scamps with no stripe ....so really they good either way.

if i had a scamp i would not put a stripe but find another way to enhance the body lines and curves......like mentioned above ...these days they all seem to have stripes ....kinda takes the fun out of seeing them when there are a ga-zilllion of them with stripes

We have the stripe you need and want in stock and available. It is made from automotive grade vinyl.

Why not it will look great if you can i would go with a twin scooped hood and sharktooth grill and go wing! You can always stick the reflective scamp sticker on the stripe like the swinger had

My opinion? A bumble bee stripe on a Scamp looks........dumb. I realize I am in the minority but I also own a Scamp.

I like the rump stripe.Sometimes the car can get too busy though.

-
Back